News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

More Challenge Coins

Very nice looking assortment of international coins. One thing I noticed that may be helpful in some way, when discussing this topic is that many of these coins are representative of a large agency. So, they could most probably be had by anyone within the agency with little or no effort (perhaps even just bought). The general idea behind U.S. Military coins is that they are a sort of on the spot recognition or award for a job well done. The coin itself could be linked to a commander or senior non commissioned officer and not to just the 101st Airborne for example. Any soldier desiring a 101st Airborne coin can most certainly buy one, but one cannot just go out and purchase the 101st Airbornes Division Commanders coin very easily (although it wouldn't be impossible in this day and age). Scott.

Hi - Larry. Your answer to this question may be helpful in understanding the use of these insignia. The second one you show is obviously a commemorative - however the first one has a recognition number stamped by the Battery Sergeant Major - so, a record of numbers would have been kept.

The question I have is - was there any intention for it to be used as 'pass' within the Regiment ?

Hi - Larry. Your answer to this question may be helpful in understanding the use of these insignia. The second one you show is obviously a commemorative - however the first one has a recognition number stamped by the Battery Sergeant Major - so, a record of numbers would have been kept.

The question I have is - was there any intention for it to be used as 'pass' within the Regiment ?

The only "official" use that I know of is to force the other guy to buy the booze......... :whistle:

As promised, my Canadian Military Police Coin. It bears a striking resemblence to Larry's Artillery coin, it makes me wonder if perhaps these are governed by regulation in the Canadian Forces. I received it from the RSM for recognition of services performed to the regiment while in Kingston Ontario with members of my own MP Company. Scott.

2369916710105252184S600x600Q85.jpg

In the next few posts I will try to point out some differences in U.S. coins that are not commemoratives.

I will stary with this one, from the Governor of Michigan. This was presented to me by the Governor for my volunteer service in Iraq. Our Governor had a couple of different styles of coins, by the reverse you will see that this one was designed specifically to be given to members of the Michigan National Guard. Scott.

2617456710105252184S600x600Q85.jpg