News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Officer ranks on VMs and BWMs (3). From top to bottom: CAPT. (With stop after rank); CAPT (without stop after rank); GAPT. (misspelling of CAPT); R.M. & CAPT. (Riding Master & Captain).

• Replies 274
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I understood, at one point in the past, these Type-1's were not desired and could be had for less than or the same price as the Type-2's. Try to find one today and I bet you can't say that anymore, if you can even find them.

Tim

Tim: That is a good question. I have not seen Type I VMs except to officers and I have seen very few other than RA officers, but that may be due to my interest in RA officers. Gunner 1

Edited by Gunner 1

Some really sweet examples shown. I do see a common factor here, all of these are to officers. I wonder if any enlisted men received the Type-1 VM?

Tim

Hello Tim,

My two Type 1 vics are to a LT in RFA and a MAJ in the RAMC (Medical Corps).

Regards,

Rob

Hello Tim,

My two Type 1 vics are to a LT in RFA and a MAJ in the RAMC (Medical Corps).

Regards,

Rob

Hi Rob,

I tried to find the excellent comparisons you did on the old thread but couldn't find those pages, maybe I missed them? Anyway, I remember you showed some die comparisons of the medal planchets that might be of interest here.

With the information Gunner just added, do you still consider your medal bar example (with MID) as a Type-1 or is it one of these refurbished examples?

Tim

Hi Rob,

I tried to find the excellent comparisons you did on the old thread but couldn't find those pages, maybe I missed them? Anyway, I remember you showed some die comparisons of the medal planchets that might be of interest here.

With the information Gunner just added, do you still consider your medal bar example (with MID) as a Type-1 or is it one of these refurbished examples?

Tim

Hey Tim,

The pic & info of the type 1 trio with MID is at post # 158 on 10 October 2009 for comparison. Both of my examples have not been refurbished and are the type 1.

Regards,

Rob

Here are a couple I have with different style naming although I don't know which type.

One has round stops, the other has square stops.

These are things I never really noticed before.

Tony

• 4 weeks later...