News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello there,

I finally got around to getting a few of my recent additions photographed, so I have a few things up for discussion. This 1936 Olympic Medal for civilians came with it's original box and is in near mint condition. I have seen a few of these around but rarely in this shape. The box has an ink stain on it, and I can't see any maker marks on the medal. Were these maker marked and is there any way to determine manufacturer? If anyone has any additional info please do leave it and I will just post a few pics for reference.

Thanks,

Pat

Final pic, here is the box top. All in all, a pretty good example I believe. If anyone else has any minty Olympic Medals feel free to post here as well. Also, are there any variations on this medal (rarities etc.?). I would assume there would be a very limited list of makers, and probably little chance of variations as these were basically a one-off manufacture. Thanks for any help!

Later,

Pat

Pat,

Very nice group you have there. Shame about the ink stain.

I am not sure about maker marks but I am almost certain that the majority of the original medals were made from iron and therefore magnetic.

Best wishes

Matt