News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

KOREAN WAR BRACELET own by Nevzat Tanertan

demir

Hi,

Here is the silver bracelet (tag) made in Germany, of Mr. Nevzat Tanertan who was in Korea, which I bought yesterday.

Obverse: Miniature Emaille Tropic Ligtning for serving under the USA 25th Infantry Division, Emaille Northern Star for the Turkish Brigade and Emaille Turkish Flag fixed on the silver bracelet and also left side of the Northern Star written numbers "949 149" ( I think his enrollment no) and right side of the Northern Star the word "Korea".

Reverse: Germany, silver, and the name Nevzat Tanertan

Cheers :whistle:

demir

PS: And I am wearing it now !off%20topic.gif

Edited by demir

What an interesting piece Demir, thanks for sharing!

Were these bracelets "official" items or were they privately commissioned pieces? Either way, a wonderful piece with a lot of personal history attached to it.

Gavin

What an interesting piece Demir, thanks for sharing!

Were these bracelets "official" items or were they privately commissioned pieces? Either way, a wonderful piece with a lot of personal history attached to it.

Gavin

Thanks Gavin,

Turkish Government did not even award a medal for the Korean war. This is a privately commissioned bracelet from a jeweller.

Regards

demir

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I found some info about him with the help of the War Veterans Assc.

He was born in Samsun/Turkey (Black Sea coast city) in 1930.

His fathers name is Hakki.

He had been to Korea with the second brigade assigned and came back in 1952.

He was a Staff Sergeant.

Hi Demir,

Did the Turkish Government ever subsequently recognise / honour Korean War veterans?

Only recently in Australia, a number of very brave individuals were postumously recognised for their courage in WWII when they were killed in captivity by the Japanese.

So I wonder if there would be interest in Turkey for governments to do the same for Korean veterans.

Gavin