News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Balinese Kingdom Decoration, a surprise found!

Yesterday i went to a market in Jakarta, and i'm surprised with what i found, a Balinese Kingdom Decoration from Puri Carangsari..!!

But i don't buy it because the seller asking very high price, and now i don't have enough budget..

this badge single piece construction from silver and gold coated, with 8 rays, and marked 925 on back, thepin is still ok too

• 11 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 5 weeks later...

Hello Gentlemen I was in Jakarta on 5 & 6 march,and I have to thanks Windu for his kindness to be my guide in Jakarta. We went to the Antique Market & to 2 museum.

In the Antique Market I was able to buy this Balinese Decoration that Windu said me (due to latin letter inscription : "IDARATU BATHARACRIARYASENTTONG" on top & "PURI CARANGSARI" on below) could be issued by the ruler of this balinese kingdom in the 1970ies ...?

I hope Windu will reply to this topic he began,and could tell us more about it.

This small breast star is 45 millimeters & weight : 15 grammes.

The reverse is plain & hallmarked "925".

My scanner don't do justice to this piece which looks better in hand than with the light reflected from scanner flash light.

Emmanuel

I have no clear idea about what it is, but i'm sure that this order comes from Puri Carangsari (Puri: Palace) in Bali island (well yeah, that paradise).. :cool:

It made from silver (and maybe some light gold plating), that's why I assume it's a high order or sign of high class royal family..

Also i assume it's post 1970 made because there is modern letter there (before 70's the 'U' written: 'OE', 'Y'='J', 'J'='DJ', 'C'='TJ', for example: 'Cokrosudirjo' written: 'Tjokrosoedirdjo')

I have no clear idea about what it is, but i'm sure that this order comes from Puri Carangsari (Puri: Palace) in Bali island (well yeah, that paradise).. :cool:

It made from silver (and maybe some light gold plating), that's why I assume it's a high order or sign of high class royal family..

Also i assume it's post 1970 made because there is modern letter there (before 70's the 'U' written: 'OE', 'Y'='J', 'J'='DJ', 'C'='TJ', for example: 'Cokrosudirjo' written: 'Tjokrosoedirdjo')