News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My Visit to the Iraqi Air Force Collage in Tikrit, Iraq

Guest IMHF

Iraqi Air Force History is my all time favorite subject when it comes to Iraqi Militaria; I have always wanted to visit one of the Iraqi Air Force Collages. Well today I had my chance to do so and I had a blast, I was even able to jump into one of the newest aircrafts Iraq bought from the United Sates. The aircraft that I am speaking of is the T-6 B Texan II Beachcraft, these aircrafts are being used for trainers at the First Iraqi Democratic government Air Force Base Cadet Academy; which is here in Tikrit, Iraq on COB Speicher.

There are 18 T-6 B Texan II aircrafts here and they are being maintained by L3 Communications under a U.S. Government Contract. Iraq Air Force Technicians are now shadowing the L3 Technicians to get a feel of the maintenance and repair of these planes.

The T-6 B Texans II Cost the Iraqi Air Force $6 Million each; the technical portion in the cockpit with high speed ejector sets and a blast away canopy cost $2 Million alone.

There is a possible chance that Iraq might be receiving the T-6 C models here in the upcoming months. The T-6 C will have a much stronger wing and fuselage connection to withstand the weight of dual or single external fuel tanks. It is said to be that the plane will be able to carry a payload of 6 missiles 3 on each wing; information is not known at this time.

I will do my best to find out more information on this very interesting topic and keep all interested posted.

I want to thank you all for viewing, please enjoy the images!

Lorenzo

• Replies 61
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was able to step into the cockpit of this beauty, I had to be very careful not to hit or touch any of the yellow caution areas that surrounded me. As I sat down I stated to feel tight there was not very much room to maneuver around in the plane. There was a yellow pull cord right next to my jewels which wasn’t a good feeling at all. One of the L3 Communication Contractors took a picture of me to remember and document a piece of my life history forever.

Thank you

Lorenzo

Iraqi Air Force Collage Flight Line

Here are a few images of the flight line that most of the Iraqi Cadets spend their time training on the T-6 B Texan II. I was told that the Iraqi Air Force Collage had a total of 18 planes they use to train cadet pilots on. These planes are the start before they can move onto the next level in their career.

Lorenzo

Here is the T-Walls that surround the classroom for the Iraqi Cadet Pilots; there is a beautiful sign posted up for the school.

Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

Iraqi Air Force Insignia

This is a very large T-wall that has the New Iraqi Air Force insignia painted on it this stands outside of the School.

Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

T-6 B Texan II IAF Tech Display

This is a T-6 B Texan II that was on display with areas taken apart for the Iraqi Air Force Technicians; to train and work on as they shadowed the L3 Contractors.

Lorenzo

Iraqi Air Force History is my all time favorite subject when it comes to Iraqi Militaria; I have always wanted to visit one of the Iraqi Air Force Collages. Well today I had my chance to do so and I had a blast, I was even able to jump into one of the newest aircrafts Iraq bought from the United Sates. The aircraft that I am speaking of is the T-6 B Texan II Beachcraft, these aircrafts are being used for trainers at the First Iraqi Democratic government Air Force Base Cadet Academy; which is here in Tikrit, Iraq on COB Speicher.

There are 18 T-6 B Texan II aircrafts here and they are being maintained by L3 Communications under a U.S. Government Contract. Iraq Air Force Technicians are now shadowing the L3 Technicians to get a feel of the maintenance and repair of these planes.

The T-6 B Texans II Cost the Iraqi Air Force $6 Million each; the technical portion in the cockpit with high speed ejector sets and a blast away canopy cost $2 Million alone.

There is a possible chance that Iraq might be receiving the T-6 C models here in the upcoming months. The T-6 C will have a much stronger wing and fuselage connection to withstand the weight of dual or single external fuel tanks. It is said to be that the plane will be able to carry a payload of 6 missiles 3 on each wing; information is not known at this time.

I will do my best to find out more information on this very interesting topic and keep all interested posted.

I want to thank you all for viewing, please enjoy the images!

Lorenzo

IraqOn 16 December 2009: The first 4 of 15 T-6A aircraft are delivered to Iraq under a $210 million contract. No AT-6 aircraft were included as was previously reported. This equates to an average of $14 million per aircraft with support and training included. The first 8 aircraft, purchased by the Government of Iraq, will arrive at Tikrit by the end of January 2010. The last 7, purchased by the United States, are expected by the end of December 2010.

Found this on the web very good informtaion on the start use of these Aircrafts in Iraq ;)

Lorenzo

Here is AirCraft Drone Display Right outside of the Rear Entrance to the Iraqi Air Force Base, Tikrit, Iraq

Lorenzo