News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Old Style Ribbon Bar Scans Requested for Ongoing

Guest Rick Research

Yes folks! :Cat-Scratch: Ricky's BACK! Ribbon Bar project is now resuming: newer, better, faster, stronger... bionic!

Am seeking examples of OLD STYLE (this type without hooks, meant AS officers' ribbon bars, not enlisted medal bars)

[attachmentid=22668]

to expand that section of my Magnum Opus Eventually Going To Be Reborn In '06. Contributors will be creditted, of course. :cheers:

Also looking for original photographs in collections showing these in wear for that section.

I rather skimmed through these in the first '02 version which is still out there, pirated against my will, and falsely asserting copyright of text and imagery which remains mine and that of the individual contributors.

The NEXT time around, folks, this will be done right, and in a gentlemanly fashion. :beer:

As I stir my old bones and nubby typing fingers, will send out the word for othe types and styles.

Like the Knights of Nii!!!, nice straight lined up shots, please. Thankee!

• Replies 97
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

......... and there was much rejoicing........

Here, Here....I mean...Hear, Here.......uhhh..just easier to do this.......

:jumping::jumping::jumping:

Thank Goodness for Rick Research!!!

I can offer only 1 of these....direct from the other twin.....but please, let me drool over the white falcon bar for a bit!! :beer:

Guest Rick Research

:jumping::jumping::jumping: Great "prehistoric" ones there from the 1870s Claudio, and the 1870 veteran alive in Baden in 1902. The fronts and backs and full size devices are GREAT. Have you got any of those identified for original owners? I will put that under the captions, maybe show any Orders Almanac entry... that sort of thing. You know me and identifiable pieces (before my "time," these!)

Thanks! :cheers:

Guest Rick Research

Christophe-- can you try those again? The BACK of the China bar looks fine but the others are all "shimmery" and fuzzy.

That's only the second Prussian style BAVARIAN Old Style I've seen, BTW. :beer:

Guest Rick Research

Thanks Christophe! :cheers: Thanks Tom! :cheers: Thanks Bob! :cheers: (I'll use my front, eez nawt crooooked! :P )

Can you get all of the Count in the scan, a bit bigger for front and back? That is one that was never "blessed" by the Rickal Touch, and so that's all I've ever seen of that one! :(

These are enough for the "prequel!" Thanks all!!! :jumping::jumping::jumping:

[attachmentid=22712]

This is a group that was snapped under my nose... too bad! :(:mad: I would like to share the picture with you. That's a very early one!

Here is the description of the medals:

- Roter Adler Orden, 4. Kl. mit Schwertern mit Ritzmarken AW

- Alsen-Kreuz 1864 am Band f?r Kombattanten

- D?ppeler Sturm-Kreuz 1864 am Bande f?r die Reserve-Truppen (1865)

- Erinnerungskreuz 1866 f?r Treue Krieger, 1866-1867

- Kriegsdenkm?nze 1864 f?r Kombattanten

- Milit?r-Verdienstmedaille mit Randgravur (!!!). Exceptionally rare this last medal. The medal has been named to the wearer and on the rim of the medal there is following inscription: KNGL PREUS SEC LT FAUST D?PPELER SCHANZEN 1864. That is quite a sweat detail, since 99% of German Imperial medals weren't named (with exception of the Baden Tapferkeitsmed.).

The medal bar came with the picture of the wearer and a trapezoidal ribbon bar.

Ciao,

Claudio