News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1917 Osmani Order, 4. Klasse

Stogieman

I'm pretty excited on a couple of different fronts. Turkish Awards to Germans as a set with correct Turkish Urkunde & Case are pretty hard to find. But the forwarding letter from the Naval Attache, phenominal. It looks to be in gem/near mint quality and that's pretty darn hard to find as well. Not really collecting these, but just find it almost impossible to resist buying something that in my eyes is basicly one-of-a-kind.

:jumping:

What a wonderful piece :love:

Rick, if you don?t have a translation yet:

Dear Mr. Director,

in appreciation of the accomplishments of your company and in special appreciation of your personal activity in the armament of the turkish Navy, i have requested at the turkish Naval Ministery with my letters from the 9th July and th 28th November 1916 to decorate your highness worthy. In an answerletter of the turkish Naval Ministery from the 15.December 1332(???What does this date mean???)(28. Dezember 1916) Nr. 228/48777 the turkish Naval Ministry told me, that due to the above mentioned letters and after consultation of His Excellence General Djemal Pascha, turkish Naval Minister and commander-in-chief of the 4th turkish Armycorps, his Majesty the Sultan most graciously decided to award your Highness the Order "Osmanich" 4th class as a special appreciation for your merits in the interest of the turkish Navy.

I will add the order and the corresponding document to this letter and I remain respectfully yours

Sincerely

XXXXXXXXX

Lieutenant and Navy-Attach?.

Hope, i could help a little.

Gerd

Guest Rick Research

I think the chuffed recipient pinned the bottom drape of the ribbon up when it was mounted just so he could ogle the maximum possible.

The Ottoman document is HUGE-- giant gilt tughra and squiggles all over. No way it could be scanned in more than sections.

• 2 weeks later...

According to my own web site (you don't expect me to remember this stuff off the top of my head, do you?), the calligraphy on the center medallion reads: "Relying on the Assistance of Almighty God, Abdulaziz Khan, Sovereign of the Ottoman Empire."

The green leatherette case, as used in WW1, is much harder to find than the earlier green velvet case. This one's a beauty!

Tim

• 4 years later...

Hi Ed, yes, the full Turkish Award document was also enclosed. very heavy paper with magnificent scripting but very much afraid to fully open it and lay it flat........ I think it's been folded since 1917!

Hello, May i purchase that piece off u?, i expect a no, but no harm in trying as now i have 4 Osmanie's in my collection

Regards

Hi,

A beautiful Osmani 4th Class with a box and the Ottoman Certficate and an official letter from the Naval Attache of the German Embassy in Istanbul is a gem hard to reach. Congragulations on finding and buying it. I am jealous. :cheers:

The date on the German document 15.Dezember.1332 is according to the Ottoman Rumi Calendar and it means 28 December 1916 as stated.

Best wishes

:beer:

demir erman

Stogieman i would like to apologise to you in regards to my previous request for purcasing the item off you posted on the wall, i was unaware of procedure. Thank you

Hi Ed, yes, the full Turkish Award document was also enclosed. very heavy paper with magnificent scripting but very much afraid to fully open it and lay it flat........ I think it's been folded since 1917!