News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order El Rafidain pickups

Markus

Guest IMHF

Here is an Image of the 2 types of Nut al Rafidain Medal for the Two Rivers Silver and Bronze King Faisel I

Thank you

Lorenzo

• Replies 67
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest IMHF

Markus

Thank you for the link, yes I contacted the dealer his price is that as if it had the case. It is very beautiful; I bought my set of the Wisam al Rafidain Kingdom Order of the Two Rivers with original case of issue and sash with breast badge for 645GPB back in 2005-06. I am looking for a complete set for the Civil First Class Kingdom Order of the Two Rivers Najaf has a very beautiful set but the price is marked at $5,000.00. The price is way over priced since he bought the set for $1,500 from the 80 UBS Auction 2 years ago.

Yes the Wisam al Rafidain Order is my Favorite Order as well I have now 26 pieces in my collection and working on adding 2 more if the deal goes right.

Thank you and Gavin for your help in finding them.

-I am also looking for a Nut al Rafidain Set Silver and Bronze.

Lorenzo

Here is my Wisam al Rafidain First Class Military Issue I bought from Livepoolmedals.com in 2006

Thank you for viewing

Lorenzo

Guest IMHF

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_06_2011/post-3626-0-28778400-1307522582.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_06_2011/post-3626-0-50537100-1307522599.jpg

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_06_2011/post-3626-0-50315300-1307522611.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_06_2011/post-3626-0-89197100-1307522627.jpg

Wisam al Rafidain 2nd Class Civil Kingdom Neck Order

Markus and Gavin I just picked up this Wisam al Rafidain Order of the Two Rivers Kingdom Second Class Civil Neck Order. Manufactured by Arthus Bertrand Paris France; has the original case of issue and neck ribbon. The Neck Ribbon Mounting clip is marked with 800 Mark Silver this same style mounting system followed onto the Republic era Al Rafidain Neck Orders.

Thank you both for your help in finding these beautiful Orders for me.

Lorenzo

Congratulations Lorenzo! Very nice pick-up.

The Arthus Bertrand examples are uncommon, no? Normally only see the Garrards and even these are very rare.

I'm still on the look-out for a cased Garrard Commanders ... but at a reasonable price.

Gavin

Guest IMHF

Congratulations Lorenzo! Very nice pick-up.

The Arthus Bertrand examples are uncommon, no? Normally only see the Garrards and even these are very rare.

I'm still on the look-out for a cased Garrard Commanders ... but at a reasonable price.

Gavin

If you find any more please let me know this one was 680 Euro how much do you think that is in U.S. dollars?? I have only seen a few Bertrand Issues of this order the last one sold with kingdom era documents for a great price!! I just wish I didn't miss it... Andre Husken the owner of the site I purchased the Order from was very nice and had great communication with him.

I am very happy with it!!

Thank you

Lorenzo

Hi Lorenzo,

680 Euros is about $985 US. Congrats on your new additions! Your collection of Iraqi military has to be in the top five collections in the world! I will be on the look out for more Iraqi medals for you. I appreciate all the material you contributed to GMIC.

Markus

Hi Lorenzo,

680 Euros is about $985 US. Congrats on your new additions! Your collection of Iraqi military has to be in the top five collections in the world! I will be on the look out for more Iraqi medals for you. I appreciate all the material you contributed to GMIC.

Markus

Order of the Two Rivers Dealer Nazis

Prices are going up at a crazy rate from dealers all across the world most of the Orders that were bought were listed on Auction-Net sold for very cheap prices. They were purchased from Najaf-Coins then thousands added onto the asking price and relisted on his site. Now it seems that many others are following in the footsteps. Emedals bought a military 2nd Class for under $800.00 from Rausnet and now has it listed for $2,000.00. This makes it very hard to try to purchase these Orders to complete my sets.

http://www.rarusnet.com/product_info.php?products_id=13648&osCsid=71e20fbd757d128bbc099d50b6fbe687

Najaf has a Very Nice Wisam al Rafidain First Class Civil Kingdom Sash and Breast Badge that he purchased from an Auction for $1,500, he then listed it for $4500 last year well the price just went up to $5000.00 a few months ago. I offered $3500 which I believe is a fair price for the set but he refused.

http://www.auction-net.co.uk/viewAuction.php?id=980&offset=150&PHPSESSID=b4479707399da569675c0b199a9e7bc3

Why are we letting these dealers raise the prices on us, I hope to find a Civil First Class Kingdom set to complete my Kingdom Era Order of the Two Rivers Collection.

Thank you for viewing; look forward to your comments

Lorenzo

• 3 months later...
    • 4 weeks later...

These are all Kingdom Era Wisam al Rafidains from my collection, I so much want the Civil First Class Najaf Coins has but he is going of the U.K. market value.

Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

Hey Lorenzo, your collection has me green with envy. What a magnificent collection!

I have become a real fan of Garrard & Co and managed to visit their store on Albermarle Street in London recently. They didn't have any Orders on display but the same exceptional workmanship is evident in their contemporary jewellery. Was very tempted to bring some bling home with me even if they were meant for ladies.

http://www.garrard.com/

It's an interesting point you make about the pricing of some dealers. I recognise that folk have to make a living (auction houses take a 40% cut from each sale - 20% from the buyer, 20% from the seller). But some of the prices are just extreme. It really turns me off buying from those dealers or even looking at their websites.

Auctions might be a more dependable indicator of 'market value' although that doesn't preclude two steel tycoons engaging in a bidding war where egos are more at play than common sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the comment on my collection my brother, I do love these orders very much and do find them very intriguing;)

Lorenzo

• 2 months later...

Hi Swoop737,

They have been pretty scarce lately but occasionally pop up on dealer sites or auctions houses. One auction house had a few sets lately. Their hammer prices will give you an idea what they are selling for. Their prices were lower than a lot of dealer prices.

http://www.hermann-h...e-kataloge.html

Markus

Edited by Markus

• 2 months later...