News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Nice picture, what's the source?

I don't have any of those flags in a collectuion, and never held one in my hands. I guess they are hard to find, as the post-SFRJ (Serbian) units kept them or gave them to museums etc. However, only the air force lag (bottom left) is of a pasrticular unit (96th air force regiment), the others on the picture are "generic" flags with no specific unit. Probably the unit name was on the other side?

Nice picture, what's the source?

I don't have any of those flags in a collectuion, and never held one in my hands. I guess they are hard to find, as the post-SFRJ (Serbian) units kept them or gave them to museums etc. However, only the air force lag (bottom left) is of a pasrticular unit (96th air force regiment), the others on the picture are "generic" flags with no specific unit. Probably the unit name was on the other side?

I found the picture on the internet. As far as I know on one side the inscription is in Cyrillic, on the other side the flag has the same inscription, but in Latin. I believe that the unit is inscribed on the streamer that is attached to the flag, but I don't know this for sure.

I could only found two pictures of unit flags in use.

I think some JNA flags should be at the Belgrade Military Museum, but so far no luck in finding a picture, so, if you have some, please post it here.

jnaun.gif

jnapozdravzastavi.jpg

This is a JNA Army Infantry Battalion Flag, keep the picture as future reference,

as Valter mentioned, these flags are very, very rare items, that hardly you can find and purchase as the units keep them in their private rooms or they end in Museums.

@Valter

There is no unit name on them

Kind regards

Emanuel

F2-2.jpg

F7.jpg

This is a JNA Army Infantry Battalion Flag, keep the picture as future reference,

as Valter mentioned, these flags are very, very rare items, that hardly you can find and purchase as the units keep them in their private rooms or they end in Museums.

@Valter

There is no unit name on them

Kind regards

Emanuel

Thank you Emanuel.

If anybody has other pictures of these flags in use please post them.

Adrian

I believe that the unit is inscribed on the streamer that is attached to the flag, but I don't know this for sure.

Here is scan of the picture from Front magazine (October 1990) which shows flag of marine infantry unit. On the streamer there is name of that unit - 472. brigada mornaričke pešadije. I'm sorry that I can't make better scan of that picture on which the unit name can be seen clearer.

Regards, Sebastijan

Edited by sebastian

Good picture Sebastijan!!! This is from an oath-swearing ceremony. As you can see, the flag is of marine type (anchor in the star) and on one side the inscription is latin, on the other cyrilic. The officers are in ground units uniform, and without marine-infantry sleeve badge, what seems a bit odd.