News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I have a Metropolitan Police trio (1897, 1902 and 1911) named to John Hierons, V Division. From the Scotland Yard website it seems he is missing A Royal Humane Society Medal for diving into the Thames and saving a woman in 1902. His middle name appears to have been William.

From Ancestry I have been able to determine that he emigrated to Australia in 1921, and I even have found a picture of his gravestone online.

Apart from that I have nothing else. I can't even find him in the censuses. National Archives can't easily locate his record.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Michael

Edited by Michael Johnson

Hello,

May I suggest you contact the Metropolitan Police Museum,as I am sure they will be able to provide you with the information that you need.

Good Luck

Joe

I have a Metropolitan Police trio (1897, 1902 and 1911) named to John Hierons, V Division. From the Scotland Yard website it seems he is missing A Royal Humane Society Medal for diving into the Thames and saving a woman in 1902. His middle name appears to have been William.

From Ancestry I have been able to determine that he emigrated to Australia in 1921, and I even have found a picture of his gravestone online.

Apart from that I have nothing else. I can't even find him in the censuses. National Archives can't easily locate his record.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Michael

Hello,

May I suggest you contact the Metropolitan Police Museum,as I am sure they will be able to provide you with the information that you need.

Good Luck

Joe

Greetings

John Hierons enlisted 15.6.1891 as PC G Div with Warrant No 76851,awarded 1897,1902 and 1911 medals as PC V Div,1901 RHS Medal as PC V.500,resigned to Pension 10.11.1919 from V Div.. Unusual name,there was also a PC George Hierons Wt 2474 who rejoined for 1902 Coro service.

Regards 1314

• 3 weeks later...