News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Monty's orders & medals

Christophe

So . . . where is that roll of Order of Victory ribbon that Monty's favourite military tailor used to "doll-up" the FM's uniforms?? Must be some leftovers, lying unknown and unloved in some bottom drawer somewhere?

Ed,

Ha, ha!! :D I certainly agree with you!! If you find it, please let me know!! As you know, this Order of Victory is really fascinating to me!!!

Cheers.

Ch.

PS : Ed, Last week, I have visited quite extensively (several nights) :rolleyes: the 1911 bar... I have pics to post, and will make a thread dedicated to it...

• Replies 90
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

Hello Christophe

Thanks for sharing....impressing !!!!

Any pictures of him wearing them ( or some of them ), that must be a likewise impressive sight ?

Must have a visit there next time im GB :D

You certainly wouldn't find any photos of him wearing the whole lot, he would need two Batmen to support him just to stay upright!

With the foreign awards (chest stars and sashes), they would be worn on appropriate occasions, i.e. the Russian awards would be worn for an audience with Stalin or his representive, the Tunisia award for a dinner party at the Embassy, the Danish award for a state visit and so on. For protocol reasons (and practical reasons too), you wouldn't combine say, the Russian and Danish awards. I have no idea how precedence would be sorted out if it was an event where more than one country who had given out awards was represented, probably easier to decline the invitation. :rolleyes:

Regards;

Johnsy

• 1 year later...

Hi redarm,

Many thanks for the links. :jumping: These are excellent pics and of the highest interest.

Order of Victory : interesting to notice that it confirms that no SN is indicated.

Suvorov 1st Class : no SN (SN#133) indicated.

Thanks again.

Cheers.

Ch.