News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

North Korea - Unknown Award

oamotme

Gentlemen,

The Arab world is my focus and hence I request the more knowledgeable amongst you for any identification on this cased award on sale in the souk here in Riyadh. All in good condition includng the presentation case - breast stat, similar neck badge with embellished suspension and neck ribbon. The only anomaly appears to be the ribbon brooch which does not match the neck ribbon. Any ideas? The vendor had various other Egyptian awards some of which I purchased and I am led to believe he bought a job lot of awards in Cairo some 10 or 15 years ago. I am aware that the North Koreans were involved in the establishment of the Military Musuem in Cairo and thus may have had other involvement with the Egyptian military hence this award. No price given as yet but if I could get a good deal I may be tempted if only out of curiosity .

Kind regards and thanks,

Owain

Gentlemen,

The Arab world is my focus and hence I request the more knowledgeable amongst you for any identification on this cased award on sale in the souk here in Riyadh. All in good condition includng the presentation case - breast stat, similar neck badge with embellished suspension and neck ribbon. The only anomaly appears to be the ribbon brooch which does not match the neck ribbon. Any ideas? The vendor had various other Egyptian awards some of which I purchased and I am led to believe he bought a job lot of awards in Cairo some 10 or 15 years ago. I am aware that the North Koreans were involved in the establishment of the Military Musuem in Cairo and thus may have had other involvement with the Egyptian military hence this award. No price given as yet but if I could get a good deal I may be tempted if only out of curiosity .

Kind regards and thanks,

Owain

This is the Order of the National Flag - 2nd Class, in the version (neck decoration) awarded to foreign nationals. Certainly worth buying if there is such an opportunity and the price is affordable.

Thanks Lukasz for the information - any idea what a good price would be? It isn't silver thus no bullion value - sometimes here in Saudi / Yemen / Oman I have been sold medals by weight!

Regards, Owain