News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Romanian Sr Lieutenant's Awards & Booklet

Here is a grouping I picked-up recently that I thought I would share. This belonged to Senior Lieutenant Mikhail M. Buhoci of the Romanian Army. It consists of a 1950?s awards booklet, issued by the Romanian Parliament with Lieutenant Buchoci?s picture and list his 4 medals. His awards include: The Medal for the Liberation from Fascism; 10 yr Anniversary of the Romanian Army: Medal for Labor; and the Military Merit Medal - 1st cl.

[attachmentid=22881]

Edited by John F.

The Translation Reads: This booklet is issued by THE GREAT NATIONAL ASSEMBLY (which was the former Romanian parliament) and confirm that Sr Lt Buhoci received following awards?

[attachmentid=22882]

His first awards is the Medal for the Liberation from Fascism. He was presented it on August 19, 1950. The Communist Government first awarded the medal in 1949, to soldiers and civilians who participated in the ?struggle? against the Germans in World War II.

His second award was the 10-year Anniversary of the Romanian Army (1943-1953), which he was awarded on October 1, 1953.

[attachmentid=22883]

His third award was the Medal for Labor, which he earned on August 18, 1954. The medal was created in 1948, and is awarded to both military and civilian personnel for special merits in the different spheres.

His fourth and last medal is the Medal of Merit 1cl, which was founded in 1954. It came in two classes and served as long service and good conduct medal. It was presented to personnel in the armed forces, the state security and the police.

[attachmentid=22884]

Edited by John F.