News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Newer Iraqi Items

bmsm

Guest IMHF

This is a 2010, Iraqi Border Guards Gift Plate with stand, made of plastic with gilt border and is 5-3/4 in. diameter. Translation below: Iraqi Borders Bob

Bob

I just picked this Border Guard Insignia up a few weeks ago.

Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

• Replies 81
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest IMHF

Bob

How many Colors are there total??

Lorenzo

Bob

The Border Guard Badge is Brass with a print Image then Glazed; it has the spring pin system. I am not sure what you are asking about the color can you please explain.

Thank you

Lorenzo

Lorenzo,

I have two colors. The badges are 15/16 in wide and 1-1/8 in. high made of brass and glazed.

Translation below: Iraqi Borders

Did you look at the article about Iran's Toofan Attack Helicopter I posted in the Lounge?

Bob

Guest IMHF

Lorenzo,

I have two colors. The badges are 15/16 in wide and 1-1/8 in. high made of brass and glazed.

Translation below: Iraqi Borders

Did you look at the article about Iran's Toofan Attack Helicopter I posted in the Lounge?

Bob

Bob

Thank you posting the two, I think that it was just an ink issue not anything to do with the Significance of the Unit. Manufacturer had to compensate for the color mixture to a close match to blend the colors.

Lorenzo

Guest IMHF

Bob

Thank you posting the two, I think that it was just an ink issue not anything to do with the Significance of the Unit. Manufacturer had to compensate for the color mixture to a close match to blend the colors.

Lorenzo

I am going to have to find me the other type for my collection keep me in mind if you find another.

Thank you

Lorenzo

Lorenzo,

Man, you are right there in Iraq and should be finding all those goodies instead of me finding them for you. With all your dealer contacts you should have choice pickings of items (probably at a lot less cost) and be getting all the translations too.

Bob

I am going to have to find me the other type for my collection keep me in mind if you find another.

Thank you

Lorenzo

Guest IMHF

Lorenzo,

Man, you are right there in Iraq and should be finding all those goodies instead of me finding them for you. With all your dealer contacts you should have choice pickings of items (probably at a lot less cost) and be getting all the translations too.

Bob

That is so True ;)

Lorenzo

Guest IMHF

That is so True ;)

Lorenzo

Well I picked these up a few weeks ago here in Iraq but it only had the one Iraqi Border Guard Badge in the lot.

This is why when fellow collectors have extras we trade or sell them to help another Fellow collector. As badges are being produced daily it is so impossible to have every badge in Iraq’s Military and Civil History. This is what makes collecting fun and always interesting to find new items never seen in the West.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful collection; I always love seeing your new items.

Lorenzo

This is a 2009, Iraqi Border Guard Arm Patch. It is 3-1/2 in. wide, 3-9/16 in. high and velcro backed.

Translation below: Iraqi Borders Guards

Bob

Guest IMHF

This is a 2009, Iraqi Border Guard Arm Patch. It is 3-1/2 in. wide, 3-9/16 in. high and velcro backed.

Translation below: Iraqi Borders Guards

Bob

Very nice keep the m coming love seeing your collection :cheers:

Lorenzo

This is a post 2003, New Iraqi Army, 6th Division, 3rd.Bde. Al Mothana Brigade Glazed Chest Badge.

It is 1-3/4 in. diameter, glazed and has a spring pin fastener on the reverse.

Bob

• 1 month later...

I asked my friend in Iraq why the Cobra Attack Helicopter on the badge so he asked him directly and the manufacturer was told to produce a badge with a helicopter image (not a specific type) and he chose the Cobra type by chance.

Bob

Bob

This is a very interesting badge, but I believe that this is an Iranian badge. Iraq does not have the Cobra Attack Helicopters the cammo job on the badge is that of the Iranian Cammo design.

Thank you for posting

Lorenzo

• 5 months later...

This is a set of post 2003, Higher Officer Collar Tabs with gilt palms. The total length of the tabs are 3 in. wide and 1-5/16 in. high. They have a paper clip on the reverse for attaching to the collar.

Bob

• 4 months later...
    • 3 months later...

This is a set of the post 2003, Iraqi Army Enlisted Rank. It is made up of a green cloth background with 1-4 black

stripes sewn on it. Notice the white sizing glued on the reverse. The stripes are held on the arm by a strip of elastic.

The pictures show the front and reverse.

Bob

This is an 2011, Iraqi Army Glazed Chest Badge, It is made of plastic, 2-15/16 in. wide, 1-3/8 in. high, glazed and has a spring pin fastener.

The translation on the obverse says "Iraqi Army". It is believed to be for an artillery unit or possibly the Artillery School.

I am still trying to find out more information.

The pictures show the obverse and reverse of the badge.

Bob

• 1 month later...

This is a 2011-12, Iraqi Army Medical Services Arm Patch.

It is 3in. wide, 4-1/8in. high and is machine made.

Translation: above - Iraqi Army

Below left - Medical

Below right - Services

Bob

2011-12, Iraqi Special Forces/ Commandos Arm Patch. This patch is 3-9/16in. wide, 5-1/16in. high and is machine sewn.

Translation: arc- Loyalty to the Country/ Home

Below: God is Great

Bob

2011-12, Iraqi Emergency Forces Arm Patches.

The arm patches are 3-1/16in. wide, 5-3/8in. high and are machine made.

Translation of arc: Loyalty to the Country/Home

Below: the Emergency

Bob