News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

REPUBLIC OF CONGO ( CONGO - BRAZZAVILLE ) ORDERS & MEDALS

heusy68

And more to follow in Congo Brazzaville

Medal of Honour of the Police,instituted by Decree n° 61-130 of 27 June 1961

The medal is a single class medal (the one I own is silvered bronze,but I guess the medals that were awarded in the 60ies & 70ies were in real silver).

If anybody has a picture of an older one,he's most welcome to post it here.

Emmanuel

Here is Congo Republic : Medal of Honour of Scientific & Technologic Research !!!

The medal is in bronze with epoxy enamel.Diameter is 36 millimeters. Reverse is blank.

I was told this medal exist in 3 classes, bronze,silver & gold (gilded).

Emmanuel

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Gentlemen,still in the less known award of Congo Republic is the Medal of Honour for Justice Profession.

It's a 3 class medal,here you can see the 1st Class.

Diameter : 37 millimeters & reverse is blank.

Emmaneul

• 1 year later...

Hello Gentlemen, despite no information was found on this medal, at least it exist.

Commemorative Medal for the 20th Anniversary of the Army (with date on reverse 1966-1986).

But it's Africa, so do not try to seek for any logic....in 2011 they have instituted a Medal for the 50th Anniversary of the Armed Forces (with dates on reverse 1961-2011).

http://www.sgg.cg/imageProvider.asp?private_resource=1116&fn=jo_2011_12.pdf

By the way lets' keep in mind that year 1986 was an important date in Congo history (they got a new Consitution in 1986). So maybe that medal was instituted to reinforce armed forces cohesion.

Emmanuel

Edited by heusy68

• 10 months later...
    • 2 years later...
    • 11 months later...
    • 1 year later...
    On 03/05/2011 at 00:48, heusy68 said:

The Medal of Honouris a 3 classes award,instituted by decree N° 60/205 of 28 July 1960.Here you can see at left the Silver Medal & at right the Gold Medal (of course they are in silvered & gilded metal).

The Medal of Honour is awarded twice yearly,on 1st of May (Labour Day) and on 28 November ( National Day ). The ratio must be 70 % of Bronze Medal,25 % of Silver Medal & 5 % of Gold Medal.

The statutes state that the silver & the gold medal have to be worn with ribbon with rosette. I have never seen such ribbon.

Emmanuel

Congo BrazzavilleMedal of Honour 2 medals.jpg

If the status of the Medal of Honor were always to be followed, the Medal of Honor 1st Class shall have a rosette on ribbon, however, this is rarely seen (at least in Europe). But now I can show one to the audience.

Regards.

Emmanuel

Congo Brazzaville Medal of Honour 1st Class.jpg

The Medal of Honouris a 3 classes award,instituted by decree N° 60/205 of 28 July 1960.Here you can see at left the Silver Medal & at right the Gold Medal (of course they are in silvered & gilded metal).

The Medal of Honour is awarded twice yearly,on 1st of May (Labour Day) and on 28 November ( National Day ). The ratio must be 70 % of Bronze Medal,25 % of Silver Medal & 5 % of Gold Medal.

The statutes state that the silver & the gold medal have to be worn with ribbon with rosette. I have never seen such ribbon.

Emmanuel

If the status of the Medal of Honor were always to be followed, the Medal of Honor 1st Class shall have a rosette on ribbon, however, this is rarely seen (at least in Europe). But now I can show one to the audience.

Regards.

Emmanuel

Emmanuel

Regards.

Emmanuel

Emmanuel

Regards.

Emmanuel

Emmanuel

Regards.

Emmanuel

Emmanuel

Regards.

Emmanuel

• 1 year later...

Hello Gentlemen,

Doing some random research this afternoon, I fall on this photo from 2017 of General Division Guy Blanchard Okoî , Chief of Staff of Republic of Congo Armed Forces ( FAC ).

On his first 2 row of awards, he's wearing Orders & Medals from Congo Republic.

On the neck : Commandor of the Order of Merit.

1st Row (left to right) : Order of Merit Officer, Order of Merit Officer, Order of Merit Knight.

2nd Row (left to right) : National Order of Peace Officer, Military Valor Medal, and the 3rd one it's the first time I see it (ribbon green/yellow/red). It could be 50th anniversary of the Congolese Armed Forces Medal 2011, or Army Brotherhood Medal ??

3rd Row : Legion of Honor Officer ( France ) , France National Order of Merit Knight , France Croix de la Valeur Militaire.

4th Row : UN Medal for UNAMIR Mission in Rwanda 1993-96, ??? , Maybe National Order of Peace Knight (not sure).

Regards to all.

Emmanuel

Congo Brazzaville general Guy Blanchard Okoi Chef d'Etat Major Armée du Congo.png

Congo Brazzaville Close up Order Medaille general Guy Blanchard Okoi Chef Etat Major Armée du Congo.png

Edited by heusy68

The same General de Division Guy Blanchard Okoî , 

At another ceremony on 31 December 2019 (he's wearing the same medal, but on different sequence on 2rd row).

The medal in the middle position of the 2nd row is unknown to me (ribbon green/yellow/red).

As I know a Medal was instituted for the 50th Anniversary of the Congolese Armed Forces in 2011. Maybe it is, but it is just a supposition.

Regards to all.

Emmanuel

Congo Brazzaville General Guy Blanchard Okoi Chief Of Staff Photo 2 Order Medal.jpg

Congo Brazzaville General Division Guy Blanchar Okoi Close up Medal 2.png

Edited by heusy68