News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Spanish Civil War Campaign Medal

Obergefreiter

• 2 weeks later...

What!!!:speechless: AU $99.00 for the medal. As PK just said, a later made piece. But even for a period one, almost 75 euros is a lot of money.

I have a few of them and I wouldn´t ever ask for more than 50 euros, even with the box.

Regards,

Dolfek.

• 1 month later...

This is not a 1970 stuck! this medal is a "non awarded" medal, made in the 40's....Maker was Egaña, 70's issues aren't like this one, are black painted with a bad quality. Is well known in Spain, that was a big stock of these medals, sometimes, appear in a old shop or from someone who have a big case of these medals in their original case of issue, they are made in the late 30's &40's. You can buy this one safely, for a spanish dealer&collector, this one is a nice sample :sleep: best regards

• 2 months later...

It´s true. In Spain you can still buy a spanish made Iron cross 2nd class for example, among other III Reich awards. Made for the Blue Div. veterans. Of course, the quality is terrible. Can´t compare with the real thing.

Regards,

Dolfek.

• 1 month later...

Is there a simple way of checking these medals as too the period in which they were made? Is there a makers mark or any other feature that I can look for? I have one that is definately not shiny and new looking that has a shabby ribbon. Of course I appreciate the ribbon may not go with the medal but just wondered if there is a way to check. Thanks in advance

brian

Brianch, Awhile back, I attempte to figure out which SCW campaign medals were from the SCW period, and which were from a later period...

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/17470-spanish-civil-war-campaign-medal-1936-39/page__hl__campaign__fromsearch__1

Bottom line: there were so many variants of the medal, I could never make the determination I was looking for.

Hi Scott - yes I read that item with interest, a mammoth task. I was hoping to establish by various marks at which period they were made as I am aware that these were still being made very recently. Thanks for your response to my query. I also have an interest in the medals of the International Brigades but again, many seem to be recent re-strikes and repros its a hard task to find good authentic medals. One or two *bay sellers have them at various times but I am unable to establish the authenticity of some of those too. Thanks again

brian

• 1 year later...

Hello,

many infos about this medal can be found in a Spanish forum : http://mundomilitaria.es/foro/index.php

Here I copy a table with the 7 main variants and subvariants:

MEDALLA.jpg

From my collection, I post the diploma awarded to CTV Italian soldiers for this medal, which is identical for all Franco's combatants, whatever the country and the medal was; only exception: the Navy (Armada) had a minor difference. If it is of any interest, I can post it also.

510.jpg