News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A cry for help to Thai collectors - Ratana varabhorn order

khorgor

Morning all.

The R.V. order is currently at the top of my list of must have for my collection. I see it as a wonderful order and very beautiful.

I was hoping if any thai collectors here know where I can get one. I would prefer a older version of around war time period, but certaintly DO NOT WANT jeweller copies or non-awarded versions.

and just to clarify... I can't go to thailand to buy one. :-)

thanks to all and any who can supply help in this area. I have only seen one come up for sale (evil-bay) which was from a seller who is known for jeweller copies and non-issued orders.

Hi Khorgor, could you post a pic of the order?

That way if I or others come across it whilst window shopping at dealers' websites we can let you know?

Gavin

A beautiful Order and, it would appear, a rare one.

I've gone through my usual list of 15 or so dealers. Plenty of Crowns and Elephants but no Ratana Varabhorns.

Will keep my eye out for it.

Gavin

Here's an interesting link to the Thai Government's Cabinet Office which has pictures and description in English of the different Thai Royal Orders still being awarded.

My link

Here's an interesting link to the Thai Government's Cabinet Office which has pictures and description in English of the different Thai Royal Orders still being awarded.

My link

I think, looking at the list of recipients, the chance of getting an issued piece is negligible. I know certain past or deposed rulers material has come on the market through some source or other but the list features none of them. I think an unissued specimen is your only chance and that may be available from the official suppliers at a price.

Paul

hi gavin.

the thai cabinet is always a book mark for me as a thai collector and a post mark of to buy list :-D thanks for putting it up though

#edit# I would also like to say thankyou for having a look around for me. unfortuantely, crowns and elephants are the usual parcel and through delaers they are quite expensive to boot

Hi Paul, thank you very much for your input. I definately know where I can get unissued's, but still not sure if its from a official supplier. I still need to figure out if the proper version is real diamonds or just simulated.....

Edited by khorgor

"I still need to figure out if the proper version is real diamonds or just simulated....."

If you were thinking of commissioning one, you should duck over the border and have one specially made with Burmese rubies.

Your Order would truly be the only one of its type in the world :lol: