Gentleman's Military Interest Club
Iver

Gold Merit Cross with Crown

Iver   

...Gold Merit Cross with Crown - type with small Crown, maker-marked on the ring F.BRAUN IN WIEN....

Iver   

..hello.. the case is in superb condition, but its not for this "old type" cross, but for one with "normal" crown... i have bought it together with a decree for GVK mdK.. here are some photos... unfortunatly no inscription or makers logo...

Edited by Iver

Iver   

Haynau: ..no, the cross was bought here in Slovakia, the case + the decree (few threads befor this) came from Croatia... But as I wrote, the case is made for classic cross, not this one with small crown... but I have bought the cross in Mayers case dated 1907, so I am waiting for an old case (with FJ/V initials on the lid) to buy...

bazsi   

Of course:-). Unfortunately not the best photos.

I have posted it in a topic on medals.extra.hu, but the forum doesn't work now, so I can't be able the insert the link now.

Here a wartime decree.

For most of the war this officer was a leader of an Artillery Reconoissance team and won several medals for that.

How he ended up in the Artillery Restmaterial collection department is unclear to me.

He had no wounded medal so that is not it maybe otherwise physical or psychological unfit to continu the difficult fighting tasks?

IMG_2510_zps5be7311d.jpg

Edited by erikscollectables