News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Persia - Order of the Lion and the Sun

Another Serbian recipient :)

Royal Guard colonel Ljubomir Lešjanin (Љубомир Лешјанин) son of the famous general Milojko Lešjanin (Милојко Лешјанин).

By the way is that Order of the Zähringer Lion just above the Romanian crown? If so that would be the first Serb I saw so far wearing that decoration!

Edited by paja

Thanks for comparison Nick! :) Colonel Lešjanin was recipient of some very interesting decorations.

One more photo, I hope no one posted it before.
    Pietzner Karl, Austrian photographer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

thanks to Markus, who identified the maker and helped convince me that the medal is authentic (I mainly collect imperial German), I am now the proud owner of this French made, Bertrand Lion and Sun order. It is dates probably from the 1875 to 1900 era.

Thanks again Markus :)

Best regards,

Michel

Edited by MIC

Hi All,

thanks to Markus, who identified the maker and helped convince me that the medal is authentic (I mainly collect imperial German), I am now the proud owner of this French made, Bertrand Lion and Sun order. It is dates probably from the 1875 to 1900 era.

Thanks again Markus :)

Best regards,

Michel

Hi Michael,

Congrats on your Bertrand Lion and Sun. These early types that have hand painted medallions are so beautiful and quite a bit rarer than the later made Bertrand Lion and Sun which had a silkscreen type painting method. The old hand painted fat cat is one of my favorite Lion & Sun paintings!

First image is old type and second image is the newer type silk screened lion painting.

Edited by Markus

• 4 weeks later...

Hope that everyone is 'at ease' before viewing this remarkable image of Lion & Sun 'holder" Roger Djupvik, the Grand Sword Bearer of the [certainly original, valid, and special] Order of St. Stanislaus!!! Interestingly enough one GLEN HOLE.......[no comment!] serves as "Grand Master' of this Order.... [http://faketitlesandorders.wordpress.com/2014/06/10/the-imperial-order-of-st-stanislas/#comments]

58310_364664193613254_631206721_n.jpg?w=

Hope that everyone is 'at ease' before viewing this remarkable image of Lion & Sun 'holder" Roger Djupvik, the Grand Sword Bearer of the [certainly original, valid, and special] Order of St. Stanislaus!!! Interestingly enough one GLEN HOLE.......[no comment!] serves as "Grand Master' of this Order.... [http://faketitlesandorders.wordpress.com/2014/06/10/the-imperial-order-of-st-stanislas/#comments]

58310_364664193613254_631206721_n.jpg?w=

He certainly looks very young for being 150 years old! So many posers out there inflating their crazy egos with fake titles. Thanks for posting 922F, quite an entertaining article!