News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Iraqi Military Orders, Medals and Ribbon Chart

Guest IMHF

Guest IMHF

Iraqi Military Orders, Medals and Ribbon Chart

Made by an Iraqi Army Officer

A friend of mine who is an Iraqi Army officer made this chart for me here in Iraq; most of the images he used were taken of pieces of my private collection. I just wanted to post it here on the GMIC for others to share.

Thank you

Lorenzo

Thanks for posting this up Lorenzo. A great reference indeed.

What is the Order on the top row, far right? Is that a Rafidain collar?

Sent you a message to your email address on something you might be interested in.

Gavin

Guest IMHF

Thanks for posting this up Lorenzo. A great reference indeed.

What is the Order on the top row, far right? Is that a Rafidain collar?

Sent you a message to your email address on something you might be interested in.

Gavin

Gavin

That is correct, it is the El Rafidain Collar Order established during Al Bakr's Era so beautiful I hope to own a set one day.

Thank you

Lorenzo

Guest IMHF

We would have added the Ba'ath Party 25 year Service medal but it is a civil Order not military.

Thank you all for viewing

Lorenzo

• 4 weeks later...
    Guest IMHF

Hi Lorenzo,

Do the Iraqi's have an Order of Precedence for their ribbons like the U.S. and other countries and if so, what is it?

Bob

Bob

Thank you for the reply, The Iraqi Government during the Saddam regime did follow the order of precedence ribbon chart in accordance with the date of awarded to the highest honor.

Like today few Iraqi officers would be wearing a few of the medals from the kingdom era. This is if the same chart is being used at this time, I feel that Iraq’s military has more to worry about at this time then medals and Orders. I am not even sure if medals and orders are being awarded today. This chart that you see here was put in order following an Iraqi Ministry of Defense book an Iraqi officer friend had in his private library.

Thank you very much for your interest and I look forward to your future posts.

Lorenzo

• 9 months later...
    • 3 weeks later...