News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Virtuti Militari III Class in Gold

Hello,

a Virtuti Militari Cross in gold of the type made at the USSR mint of Krasnokamsk, will be auctioned in the coming June. The piece is also in the original, leather case.

Below, an image of the piece.

Best wishes,

Elmar Lang

Hello again,

searching in a recent and very well documented book (Wojciech Stela: "Polskie Ordery i Odznaczenia - Polish Orders and Medals - vol. I 1943-1946"; Warsaw, 2008; pages 80-83), it appears that this type of cross was made in 50 pieces only (material: gold 950/ooo), 43 of them were awarded, between 1945 and 1947 to 4 Polish; 9 USA; 5 Norwegians; 6 French; 17 USSR; 1 Czechoslowakian; 1 Yugoslav.

So, it should be a very rare version of this highly interesting and beautiful order.

Best wishes,

Elmar Lang

Edited by Elmar Lang

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everybody,

On a dealer's site I found these pictures of VM 4th class in solid gold. Like the 3rd class, it was made in Krasnokamsk, USSR. 226 were awarded - mostly to Soviet officers. See below.

Link: http://numizmatyka.waw.pl/sklep/order-virtuti-militari-iv-klasy-wersja-wykonana-w-zlocie_odznaczenia-odznaki-bron-biala-prl-i-iii-rp_5918

Enjoy! 2011_05_16_156099.jpg

Hello everybody,

On a dealer's site I found these pictures of VM 4th class in solid gold. Like the 3rd class, it was made in Krasnokamsk, USSR. 226 were awarded - mostly to Soviet officers. See below.

Link: http://numizmatyka.waw.pl/sklep/order-virtuti-militari-iv-klasy-wersja-wykonana-w-zlocie_odznaczenia-odznaki-bron-biala-prl-i-iii-rp_5918

Enjoy! 2011_05_16_156099.jpg

• 6 years later...
    • 3 weeks later...