News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Other Arabic Shoulder Board Rank Sets

Guest IMHF

Guest IMHF

I found a few Arabic Military Shoulder Board Rank sets I would like to share the images with fellow collectors to find out some information about them. They are metal stitched a think they are from Sudan and Syria. I look forward to what information we can come up with like Era and what is the rank itself.

Thank you very much

Lorenzo

Guest IMHF

Here is an image of the second set; very nice metal construction and pins I believe that this set is from Sudan as well.

Thank you

Lorenzo

Guest IMHF

Reverse of the Second Set of Rank Boards; I look forward to hearing what you all have to say.

Thank you for viewing

Lorenzo

Guest IMHF

This is a very nice set of Syrian Rank Shoulder Boards with the Staff collage red stripe.

Lorenzo

Guest IMHF

This is an Image of the reverse of the Syrian Staff Officer rank set I look forward to the information you all can provide about them.

Thank you for viewing

Lorenzo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lorenzo,

Concerning your Syrian ranks, they are very similar to these Syrian Mushir ranks that I have in terms of construction.

The back is also sealed with a layer of PVC, with three black elastic straps. I'm posting a photo of the front for you to see.

image.png

Hi Lorenzo,

Concerning your Syrian ranks, they are very similar to these Syrian Mushir ranks that I have in terms of construction.

The back is also sealed with a layer of PVC, with three black elastic straps. I'm posting a photo of the front for you to see.

image.png

Alf

That is a very beautiful set, thank you very much for sharing would love to see an image of the reverse. The order of the Insignia on the Shoulder board is it in the right order?

Thank you

Lorenzo

Hi Lorenzo,

Yes, the insignia are in the right order.

If you check out this website, you can see President Bashar Al Assad wearing the same type of shoulder boards.

Two stars above crossed swords is for full General, and three stars above crossed swords is for the President.

I'll try and make a picture of the reverse later.

Alf

http://www.presidentassad.net/SPEECHES/Al_Assad_Speeches_2009/Bashar_Al_Assad_Army_Day_Speech_August_1_2009.htm

Alf

That is a very beautiful set, thank you very much for sharing would love to see an image of the reverse. The order of the Insignia on the Shoulder board is it in the right order?

Thank you

Lorenzo

Hi Lorenzo,

Yes, the insignia are in the right order.

If you check out this website, you can see President Bashar Al Assad wearing the same type of shoulder boards.

Two stars above crossed swords is for full General, and three stars above crossed swords is for the President.

I'll try and make a picture of the reverse later.

Alf

http://www.president...gust_1_2009.htm

Wow

That is a very nice rank set, I will have my eyes out for a set like that.

Thank you for sharing the link!!

Lorenzo

Yes Lorenzo,

Your Syrian ranks are correct. It is for an Air Force Brigadier General with war college red stripe.

Let me know if you find anything else like the Syrian and Sudan ranks. I am also interested!

Alf

What do you think about the set I provided is the metal insignia pieces in the right order?

Lorenzo

Yes Lorenzo,

Your Syrian ranks are correct. It is for an Air Force Brigadier General with war college red stripe.

Let me know if you find anything else like the Syrian and Sudan ranks. I am also interested!

Alf

Will do!!

Would love to see more of your Arabic Rank shoulder boards, can you post them all here.

Thank you

Lorenzo

I'm going to post a few more shoulder boards I have in my collection for your viewing.

First up is a set of Field Marshal ranks, but I am not sure which country they are from. I am guessing it is Egypt? Let me know what you think.

egypt-fm2-small.jpg

egypt-fm-army-small.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't make pictures of the back, but they have three elastic straps across the back.

Alf

Hello Alf,

I am sure these to itemes are for Lybia Libyen.

Thanks

Elvis

I'm going to post a few more shoulder boards I have in my collection for your viewing.

First up is a set of Field Marshal ranks, but I am not sure which country they are from. I am guessing it is Egypt? Let me know what you think.

egypt-fm2-small.jpg

egypt-fm-army-small.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't make pictures of the back, but they have three elastic straps across the back.

Alf

Very nice sets, for some reason I like the Very nice sets for some reason I like the metal stitched embroidery ranks better then the string embroidered sets; Alf what do you think?

Lorenzo

Lorenzo, for me, I have no preference, although I love the look of well-made bullion (metal thread).

Some countries use bullion for their dress ranks, eg. France and Morocco, Singapore, to name a few, and they also use Lurex or some other thin metallic thread for their other forms of dress.

Some countries use only bullion thread or gold braid, eg. Thailand.

For me, it depends on what the "official" material is, they all have beauty in my eyes.

Alf

Them are some very nice boards really like the detail in the coat of arms crests on the last set..

Thank you for posting

Lorenzo