News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Greek Victory Medals

Hi Bill,

Replacement is not, was loose when I bought, I suspect that is Belgian. But it is original.

Lambert

Hello Lambert,

As you have surmised the ribbon is indeed of Belgian manufacture, seen on the official vic.

Regards,

Rob

• 1 month later...

Hi Gents,

My latest acquisition - the Greece Unofficial Type 2 -

greecetype203.jpg

Apart from the replacement British ribbon, the planchet is just over 37mm diameter and just over 2mm thick. There is a split in the ribbed suspension ring which is tightly closed. My Official Type and Unofficial Type 1 have a very dark, dull patina, while this is lighter and slightly shiny.

Any comments welcome.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
    • 3 months later...

Hi Pagan.

Good example of a vic official with ribbon apparently in good condition .. interestingly the Greek unofficial vic are increasingly scarce.

You will also realize that with the vic Romanian mainly to unofficial.

Regards

Lambert

• 1 year later...

To all,

There is a nice Greek miniature vic currently on ebay (auction numbers: 400598211038 and 360782825078). Despite the two listing it is the same item.

These miniatures do not appear that often.

Regards,
    Rob

• 1 month later...

Hello David,

New acquisition: Greek official

While you have indeed picked up a nice Greek official vic it does appear to be missing the top part of the decorative suspension. The top half of this suspender is illustrated, in close-up pics, in posts #48 and #49 of this thread. It looks like yours has been replaced with a simple brass ring.

Regards,
    Rob

• 1 month later...

Hello Oliver,

Gentlemen! Need help! I want to buy interallied medal Greece! Original?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271407011224&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Regards.

There is nothing wrong with the medal in the listing. The ribbon is also correct although very tattered. This happens quite often with a particular type of French produced ribbon. The box is not the correct one.

The correct box, from the NOCQ official strikes produced by the French firm of Canale, were plain cardboard with a light green colour. Illustrations of the official NOCQ strike and the boxes are contained at posts # 3,4 and 20 of this thread.

I would probably wait until an example came along with a ribbon in better condition.

Regards,

Rob

As Rob states, it is an original Greek medal.

Oliver800 I agree with you, the medal itself, is in excellent condition and it is a good buy at the lower price. But do not over board with your bid, as there is always another in the near future.

Oliver800, I have “NEVER” seen Rob give anyone bad advice only good insight on buying.

Have a nice day,

Jim

Edited by johnnymac

• 4 weeks later...

Just got this in the mail: Greek unofficial type 3, "missing O" variety. Ignore my cat's paw in the picture of the obverse.

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2014/post-16545-0-72317900-1395170710.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2014/post-16545-0-71250200-1395170725.jpg

Hello David,

Just got this in the mail: Greek unofficial type 3, "missing O" variety. Ignore my cat's paw in the picture of the obverse.

A nice example in good condition. It is, however, the unofficial type 2 not type 3. It has been previously suggested that this was produced by the French manufacturer M. Delande.

Regards,

Rob

• 2 months later...

Hello Oliver

Yes it is original, Officer Type 1. but the Ribbon is the modern replacement (British)
    The price is good, worth it .. then you can change the ribbon by a French.

good Luck .

Lambert

Edited by lambert

• 1 year later...