Gentleman's Military Interest Club
RobW

Other Victory Medals / Related Items

Of course, the information that went through you, I got this site. thankful Marne :)

Lambert

Souvenir inspired by the Italian VIC.

fanteria_Firenze.thumb.JPG.b5cbd39e1589f

medaglia 84° reggimento fanteria Firenze

Lambert

Hi Lambert,

Yes, definitely 'inspired by' the Italy vic, but rather freely interpreted! An interesting piece - did you find it in Brazil?

Bill

Hello welcome !

I do not know much, but it is a medal on the small participation of Argentina in World War I, probably help with the Argentine Red Cross.

lambert

On 23.01.2017 at 15:41, lambert said:

Hello welcome !

I do not know much, but it is a medal on the small participation of Argentina in World War I, probably help with the Argentine Red Cross.

lambert

Thank you. I thought that this medal a veteran union Argentine volunteers who fought in Europe.

Argentina remained Neutral during the First World War, I have no information about Argentine volunteers, except the volunteers of European decendence (Germans, French, English, etc.) who received the call of the mother country.

I researched a little more, The medal has no connection with the of World War I.

http://www.bibliomedicinadigital.fmed.uba.ar/medicina/cgi-bin/library.cgi?a=d&c=medallas&d=Medalla_0734

here

582155_JOMSA_Vol57_1_25.pdf

Lambert

4 hours ago, lambert said:

Argentina remained Neutral during the First World War, I have no information about Argentine volunteers, except the volunteers of European decendence (Germans, French, English, etc.) who received the call of the mother country.

I researched a little more, The medal has no connection with the of World War I.

http://www.bibliomedicinadigital.fmed.uba.ar/medicina/cgi-bin/library.cgi?a=d&c=medallas&d=Medalla_0734

here

582155_JOMSA_Vol57_1_25.pdf

Lambert

Thank you very much.

21 hours ago, paul wood said:

Well found Lambert.

Paul

Hello Paul .

I like being able to help. :D

Lambert

Edited by lambert

16 hours ago, Ura87 said:

I think this medal is not considered. "Medalla de los Voluntarios Catalanes 1914-1918" https://historiayculturamilitar.wordpress.com/tag/unio-catalanista/

miles-gener-08-347.jpg

miles-gener-08-349.jpg

diploma-voluntaris-catalans.jpg

Spain remained neutral during the war but many Catalan volunteers enlisted in the French Army, Belgian and Foreign Legion .

http://www.medailles1914-1918.fr/espagne-accueil.html

It is related to the Great War. The medal is very scarce, but there are many recent copies. So be careful.

Lambert

treaty of versailles table medal 54.8 mm dia, 3.5 thick , japanese origin, designer  sato/lidi silver and bronze. obverse  flags of allied powers within a wreath. reverse peace, personified by woman holding an olive branch, background view of palace of versailles.

Scan_20180117 (9).jpg

Scan_20180117 (10).jpg

one of my favorites, love the suspension with swinging pivoting planchet, william

Scan_20180117 (12).jpg

Scan_20180117 (11).jpg

any clues? silver, looks to be italian, named, but need translation. william

Scan_20180117 (16).jpg

Scan_20180117 (15).jpg