News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 5 months later...

Hello to all.

Does anyone know any article about the false Polish Victory medal?

Lambert

Hello Lambert,

There has been one particular article, written quite a few years ago, that had the initial details on the 'discovery' of these Polish victory medals. I do have a copy of the article but I shall need to trawl through some storage boxes to find it. It may take some time as my collection is not located with me. As far as I can recall the article had the background where the purported items were found in some boxes at a militaria show. The details are pure fiction, written I believe, to lend credibility to the items so that they could sell as a commercial and 'scarce' item.

Of course, knowledgeable collectors already know that Poland did not issue a victory medal and their first campaign medal, was that awarded for the 1918-1921 wars; which shaped the borders of Poland.

Unfortunately these fake Polish items are only good enough to fool the inexperienced or new collector that neither has the Laslo reference work or the acess to such a form as this.

Regards,

Rob

Thanks Rob,

I wait but this information has also told with the help of our friend Bilco.
    I hope to write a bit more about the "Polish Vic", I admit, is an interesting item.

Regards

Lambert

• 6 months later...
    • 10 months later...

Hi All,

It seems that Mike Shank has changed his ebay ID again, and now selling Victory medal fakes under the name "dlssha3"

See here:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/dlssha3/m.html?item=262087689306&hash=item3d05a4c45a&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

(PDF print attached for historical reference)

He now identifies for example the Siam version as "VERY HARD TO FIND"

(PDF print attached for historical reference)

2015 10 11 dlssha3 _ eBay.pdf

2015 10 11 FAKE WW1 Siam Thailand Victory Medal Full Size _ eBay.pdf

Edited by ThaiDave

Hi Dave,

Yes, lots of garbage there for sure.  Must have needed to change his ID as the word continues to reach buyers about his wares.  Good job!

He is correct on one point though, even his fakes are rare to find in Thailand! :lol:

Cheers! :beer:

Tim

• 1 month later...
    On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2015‎ ‎6‎:‎05‎:‎54‎, lambert said:

I can only regret that many people have so much garbage in the collection .. inevitably will never admit it.

Hello Lambert,

I would agree that there are many collectors that probably have items in their collections that could be of 'dubious' background or provenance.  Most either don't know for sure of are too hesitant to ask the questions here to confirm or deny their suspicions.  It is advantageous to post such items here for reference so that all collectors can have the opportunity to identify known bogus examples as a base model for comparison.

It is also handy to have such specimens in your collection knowing they are not the genuine article so that you can have the item in hand when purchasing a new piece.

Regards,

Rob

The sad thing is that many collectors who are sold fakes are reluctant to believe they are, especially if they have paid a good sum of money for them.

As an auctioneer I am frequently the bearer of sad tidings to next of kin when they inherit a supposedly fantastic collection where the original owner became a patsy of the fake purveyor.

Paul

• 1 month later...
    • 2 years later...

Hi to all. I became interested in the cause of the Polish Victory Medal and found information that American Poles who fought in the Blue Army did not recognize veterans in either America or Poland, so they established their own commemorative medal. Maybe that was the Polish Victory Medal?

Poland_Polish_Blue_Army_France_General_Haller_1918_medal_N16_1.jpg

pol2.jpg

• 3 months later...
    On 12/04/2018 at 5:04 PM, Ura87 said:

pol2.jpg

This medal is considered "a fantasy" , there is no evidence that it really was an official commemorative medal of the First World War. unfortunately.

Lambert 

On 18/07/2018 at 22:25, lambert said:

This medal is considered "a fantasy" , there is no evidence that it really was an official commemorative medal of the First World War. unfortunately.

Lambert 

I understand that, I want to understand why this fake is for Poland, and not Serbia, for example.

1 hour ago, Ura87 said:

I understand that, I want to understand why this fake is for Poland, and not Serbia, for example.

Hello,

I guess, because of the symbolism. Victory having the wings resembling the famed Polish hussars wings.

• 3 months later...

Not the medal - the box! On eBay at the moment is a US Vic in a box with this label ...

kmT4R88.jpg

It's actually a WW II  Victory medal box, with a bit of paper stuck over the end of the description to make it look like WW I ...

Item # 11332447517 - but hurry - bids are up to $19 already ...

Bill

• 4 years later...
    On 20/07/2018 at 08:28, Egorka said:

Hello,

I guess, because of the symbolism. Victory having the wings resembling the famed Polish hussars wings.

Hello Egorka,

The Serbians did produce a Great War medal but not one that is part of the Interallied Vic series.

Regards,

Rob

• 1 month later...
    On 27/11/2013 at 01:08, lambert said:

Some private companies such as M. Deland .. had in their catalog models in silver.
    but I never saw such medals in silver.

post-11061-0-44549500-1385474888.gif

Hi Lambert,

There is a picture of a silvered version of this unofficial French example, by Delande, in the French vic sub-forum. Not seen that often but they do exist.

Regards,

Rob