News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

INDIA UNKNOWN STATE ORDER

heusy68

Hello Gentlemen,recently I got this breast star with indian script. It is not in the book of Indian Principality Medals by McClenaghan.

It is 101 millimeters in diameter, weight : 100 grammes and there is a hallmark on pin : " 935 "

If anyone could help to translate the incription,I would be glad.

This breast star was found in Malaysia,there was a commander badge of similar design but smaller on a plain yellow unfinished ribbon.

Emmanuel

Edited by heusy68

Great star.

I suspect this to be associated to Kingdom of Nepal as the inscription says वीर ता (bravery) but it is not in Devnagri (Hindi).

Might be some kind of bravery award

:cheers:

Edited by lone wolf

Great star.

I suspect this to be associated to Kingdom of Nepal as the inscription says वीर ता (bravery) but it is not in Devnagri (Hindi).

Might be some kind of bravery award

:cheers:

वीरता is Hindi word for Bravery, i think it's India..

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 years later...

As i am able to read.. it says Kilbei Beerta Sarme Kam.

The only word that commonly makes sense is Beerta that is bravely.. but then in Hindi its Veerta.

Pronunciation of the word and use of B instead of V is specific to Bengal region and languages influenced with Bengali.

So this could very well be Indian.

Also, the last word here is Kam. This word is from Sanskrit.

Quite interesting and very confusing one... As its been 2 years now since the time this thread is in existence, i believe Emmanuel has by now figured out what it is.

• 10 years later...

Hello Mr Singh,

Hello Rishi,

I assume you are right 100 %, but it is not in the huge book on the Order and Medal of Nepal published in Kathmandu in the 1960ies, that's why I had always "struggle" to knew what this star is. Yes I got it in Malaysia, and believe it or not this breast star pop's up in Kuching ( State of Sarawak ).

As this breast star is also NOT in the book on McClenaghan on Orders & Medals from Indian States, it was even harder.

But if I follow the opinion, of the person who entered in that topic, that breast star shall be a kind a Bravery Award superior to the Nepal Sena Soubhaga Decoration and to the Bravery Medal ? If I'am correct ?

The Sena Soubhaga I ounce have obtained an original ribbon, but even in Kathmandu ( I was there in late February 2006 ), I didn't saw one, in the 2 museum with Orders I visited. The Bravery Medal I have one.

Best regards to all.

Emmanuel

Nepal Sena Soubhaga Decoration (Decoration of Valour equivalent to Victoria Cross).jpg

Nepal Bravery Medal reverse.JPG

Nepal Bravery Medal obverse.JPG

Edited by heusy68