News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Small Goldern Party Badge - Original ?

AlecH

It looks pretty good to me for several reasons:

Fuess badges have 7 laurel leaves on each side rather than the 8 on Deschler badges

The lettering in the enamel looks good (even from the poor quality photos) the I almost comes to a point and the dash overlaps the L almost touching the S. I can't see the H well but it looks to have very thin uprights.

The pin plate has a rounded C rather than a "thin" upright version found on copies

Are there the two dots of the umlaut within the letter U of Munchen? (I can't quite see on the photo) - they should be there.

The only thing "wrong" that I can find is that the stamping on the pin plate is normally off centre - up and to the left - where this one looks spot on centred. Not a bad thing just something not seen on most gold badges by Fuess.

Overall I would say it's a good one

Best of luck

Spasm

Yep, still looks like a good one to me.

Assuming you now have it, how tempting to try to find it's original owner. Although I believe there is no full list, there are some places worth having a look. Rick research, a member here I believe, has the full list of party numbers for the Gau (district) of Hessen-Nassau - ask him nicely and he will probably look up the number for you. The SS Dienstlaterliste also would contain party numbers which can be accessed by the people who have a copy (fairly easy to find on t'tinternet). Worldwarmilitaria have a forum dedicated to the Golden party badge so may be worth checking there against their known list with members.

I expect the Gents here would help too.

Let us know if you get anywhere