News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Can anyone tell me what this says?

To respected Alexander Kuzmich on his 60th birthday from all the colleagues at Kiev VOKU (Voennoye Obschevoiskovoe Komandnoe Uchilische) (not sure of the two letter abreviation) M.V. Frunze. 7th November 1980.

What's the plaque on?

Jim :cheers:

To respected Alexander Kuzmich on his 60th birthday from all the colleagues at Kiev VOKU (Voennoye Obschevoiskovoe Komandnoe Uchilische) (not sure of the two letter abreviation) M.V. Frunze. 7th November 1980.

What's the plaque on?

Hi Jim... many thanks for the translation on this! jumping.gifjumping.gifbeer.gif

Actually it's just the plaque... not on anything and no idea what it might have once been on.

Dan cheers.gif

My pleasure Dan. Glad to help.

Half disappointed as I thought it was stuck to the bottom or side of something more interesting. Too bad you cannot have it all :)

• 3 months later...

What's the plaque on?

Two letter abbreviation "im" stands for "imeni" (named after), i.e. Kiev high school named after M.V.Frunze.

I'm nearly 100% sure that the plaque was initially glued to the cover of the binder that housed birthday congratulations from the recipient's colleagues.

Thanks for that Freiwillige....Now we know what "im" means. Cyrillic caps are one things....small case is another...... abbreviations OMG!!

You are most welcome, Jim! Please feel free to drop me a line in PM if you need any further help with translation from Russian.