News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Iraqi Kingdom Royal Family King Faisal II Coronation Silverware

Guest IMHF

Iraqi Kingdom Royal Family King Faisal II Coronation Silverware.

Hello everyone I was recently Shown these beautiful pieces of silverware images were provided by a contact in Iraq.

There are a few engravings indented on the pieces one which is the face of King Faisal the Second the third king of Iraq. These pieces are believed to have been gifts from the Queen of England in 1954 as part of King Faisal II Coronation.

I would like to learn more about them and here some of the information you may have about them.

Edited by IMHF

Here up close you can see the image engraved into the silver the face of King Faisal II.

Edited by IMHF

Here in Arabic is the Family Name of Faisal II

Two Arabic letters, Fa' (F) and Ghain (Gh), possibly means Faisal Ghazi, who is King Faisal II of Iraq.

Edited by IMHF

• 2 weeks later...

-I was told that they were French made, but there is an engraved head of the Queen on them.

Also you can see the lion as well in the engravings I think these are English silver pieces.

Edited by IMHF

They Are Strling Silverware with two first Arabic letters from two words: first "F" from " Faisal " & second "Gh" from "Ghazi" as know the last king of Iraq was: Faisal Ghazi Faisal bin Alhussain bin Ali of Hejaz.

So nice pieces, but a very large collection of Silverwares include: Cup Holders, bowles, knives, Spoons and more.

All the collection was stolen from "Al-Zohoor Royal Palace" by Iraqi theives + American soldiers ".

A very bad Theft happened in the history of Iraq !!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

They Are Strling Silverware with two first Arabic letters from two words: first "F" from " Faisal " & second "Gh" from "Ghazi" as know the last king of Iraq was: Faisal Ghazi Faisal bin Alhussain bin Ali of Hejaz. So nice pieces, but a very large collection of Silverwares include: Cup Holders, bowles, knives, Spoons and more. All the collection was stolen from "Al-Zohoor Royal Palace" by Iraqi theives + American soldiers ". A very bad Theft happened in the history of Iraq !!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Mr. Majeed

You know this that during the Revolution of 14th July 1958 the free Officers movement of Abd al-Karim Qasim; which he forced his men to round up the royal family at the Al-Zohoor Royal Palace. Then lined them up and shot them dead women the same. After that his men were motivated in the cry of Al anful an old tradition of war to take the spoils of the enemy. This friend happened way before the U.S. every entered Iraq, than these pieces found themselves in the Baghdad, Antique shops brought to dealers by the Iraq soldiers or their family members for money. Well they set there until someone was able to purchase them; during Saddam’s time this was impossible do to the lack of money in the Iraqi population. Now it is dealers like you selling them to us, so please do not call us thieves when you yourself are selling us American’s these treasures.

-You have countless times tried to sell me and other members items for thousands of dollars way above the price value so that to me is the meaning of a thief in my book.

Thank you

Lorenzo

Lorenzo,

On checking my records the marks are indeed British:

• Lion = Sterling Silver
    • Leopard's Head = London Assay Office
    • S = Year Mark for 1953
    • Queen's Head = Commenmorative Mark for Coronation
    • Makers Mark = Not yet deciphered.

Regards, Owain

Lorenzo, On checking my records the marks are indeed British:
    • Lion = Sterling Silver
    • Leopard's Head = London Assay Office
    • S = Year Mark for 1953
    • Queen's Head = Commenmorative Mark for Coronation
    • Makers Mark = Not yet deciphered.

Regards, Owain

Owain

Awesome information my friend~

-What can you tell me about the A & L mark on the left side of all the other marks..

I guess we can say that these were part of a gift from the Queen of England to King Faisal II for his Coronation of 1953..

Edited by IMHF

Owain Awesome information my friend`. -What can you tell me about the A & L mark on the left side of all the other marks.. I guess we can say that these were part of a gift from the Queen of England to King Faisal II for his Coronation of 1953.. Thank you Lorenzo

Could that be a makers Mark??

Edited by IMHF

Here is a picture of the blade on the cutlery silver piece.. It reads:

ASPREY BOND STREET ALPHA RUSTLESS

Lorenzo

Lorenzo,

Yes, Asprey would be the maker's mark - a blinding glimpse of the obvious!

I suspect these were purchased by the Iraqi Court for the royal household.

I do not believe that the cutlery was a gift from UK - the cutlery is a functional item essential for the day to day operation of a household and thus would have been a practical necessity for the Iraqi royal household for entertaining visitors and guest dinners. The knife and fork would have been part of a very large set.

Nevertheless an interesting purchase but not to my mind of great value - the orders are a better investment.

Regards,

Owain

Edited by oamotme

Lorenzo,

Yes, Asprey would be the maker's mark - a blinding glimpse of the obvious!

I suspect these were purchased by the Iraqi Court for the royal household.

I do not believe that the cutlery was a gift from UK - the cutlery is a functional item essential for the day to day operation of a household and thus would have been a practical necessity for the Iraqi royal household for entertaining visitors and guest dinners. The knife and fork would have been part of a very large set.

Nevertheless an interesting purchase but not to my mind of great value - the orders are a better investment.

Regards,

Owain

Owain

Thank you for all the great information my friend, yes Orders are a big investment. These days the prices are marked up 10 times

the Value or I just can’t find the ones I am looking for to add to my collection.

Search List:

-Order of Faisal I Sash and Breast Badge

-Order of the Republic First Class Civil 1958-59

-El Rafidain Neck Order of Al Bakr Era

-Medal of the Two Rivers Green ribbon all 4 classes

-Order Badge of the Heroes of Al Qadassiya

-Ma’an Medal for Hijaz

This is just a few to name; at least a piece of the Order of the Hashimites would be great to have like a breast badge!!

Thank you

Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

Najaf Coins does have a very nice Civil First Class Order of the Two Rivers Kingdom Issue I would love to buy but he will not accept my offer of $3,500.00.

-I hope one day the prices will go back down to normal and not what one expects to get for a piece they offer for sale.

Lorenzo

Owain

I do have the full line of Iraqi Air Force Service Orders I am missing the Royal Iraqi AF Service Medal was this medal from 1932?

-I believe it was awarded to the first 5 Iraqi Pilots who first went to the Royal AF Academy, would love to learn more information about

this medal.

Thank you

Lorenzo

Here is another Royal Family piece of silver photos were provided by a friend in Iraq.

Edited by IMHF