News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EUR1200 EK1 !

It's a super cross but the price is rather steep. All one can say is that two people must really have wanted it. The auction result is not representative of the value. It may, in real terms, be €450 to €500 tops. But all you need is a couple of guys with loads of disposable income and you have an artificial result. Put the same kind of cross up for sale here or on one of the other forums for the same price and there will be a resounding silence. Put it up for €250 and there will be a resounding silence. One might say that this sale was a «coup monté» by dealers to try to shore up the rapidly crumbling market. As anyone trying to sell anything half-decent these days will confirm, the market has completely collapsed, thanks to the dealers and shills artificially inflating prices for the past few years, to say nothing of flooding the market with high end fakes.

They have finally overcooked it.

I could put up a cross as nice as this for €150 and some cheeky chappie would offer me €75 on condition that I accept Paypal and cover the Fedex costs.

...... the market has completely collapsed .......

Korrekt!

Great time for the hard core buyers (who buy for love of the items, not for the 'investment' potential). :cheers:

Bad time for the sellers. :banger:

So ............. there IS a God, after all! :cheeky:

It's a super cross but the price is rather steep. All one can say is that two people must really have wanted it. The auction result is not representative of the value.

It's not the first one that sold in this price range. They usually are going for this prices.

Hi Guys,

Realized prices such as this are disappointing at times. Since the late 1990's I felt this hobby to some has also become a Wealthy Boys Investment Club or is it only supply vs. demand? I paid $75. U.S. $ for this one in 1979 and felt like it was rather pricey then.

Regards,

Erickn

Hi,

Sorry for my ignorance, but how many EK1 like that were made during WW1.

For me, I can understand that an EK1 with name written on the back, and not a Müller or unknown officer, can be expensive but 1200 euros I don't understand. Thanks for your explanation

Christophe

1200 euros?? normally you can get 3 nice looking EK1, or even more.. :speechless:

You'd even get eight to ten standard WW1 crosses for that money here in Germany. But that's what they are - standard.

I can understand why Chris is sensitive on this matter and thus, he open this thread as he had such a piece in the past, dunno if he still got it....

He can only answer the Question.

Nice piece this one, too expensive though, but as someone said above, it's an auction and these things can loose control sometimes.....it's not unusual for Ebay.

• 3 weeks later...

Prices are becoming just plain stupid. It's common now to see standard 1914 Ek2 priced

at $150 or more. Maybe I'm just getting cheap in my old age but I can't see paying

these kinds of prices.