News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mongolian Title of Merit

Bob

Let's look at this one in a thread.

Unfortunately I've not even been able to spot an A7.1 (pre '75) or A7.2 (post '75)... these are the ones with red stones.

I do have A8 complete - 3 variations:

- T1V1 - hand-engraved number (I have 244; numbers sited range from 8-407) note the slight difference in pin on back

- T1V2 - rotating-tool serial, low-quality local production (I have 706; numbers sited range from 452-786)

- T2V1 - unnumbered (note: light blue air)

What surprises me is the relatively low price you can buy these at given such small quantities of the first 2 variations were ever made. I guess it doesn't get as much attention since it's small, nothing spectacular in design and isn't an order.

The ones with the red enamel dots are the "People's..." merit titles: e.g. "People's performing artist."

This is considered a higher title than the ones without the red enamel, which are the "Merit" titles: e.g. "Merit in Science" or Meritious Miner"

Jan

Edited by vatjan

• 1 month later...

The Badge of the Title of "People's" in the two varieties shown by Battushig (B # A 7.1 and A 7.2). These are, presumably, the post-1960 variety, as they use that coat of arms. There must have been a 1941-60 variety with the old arms? Is the silver-rayed variety the 1960-75 variety with the gilt-rayed badge being post-1975? Battushig is confusing on this. Neither is numbered. Are any?

• 3 weeks later...

My two Title of Merit (A 8), one of the serial numbered type (#617) and another not numbered.

The serial-numbered one, obverse: (for some reason my scanner doesn't seem to like gold and most of the time makes these funny light effects when scanning gold pieces :( )

Dolf

Edited by Dolf

BADGE OF THE TITLE ?PEOPLE?S? . . .

Type 1 (pre-1975 arms?); 19??-75

(A 7.1) Type 2.1 (post-1975 arms, light blue center, silver rays); 1975-??

(A 7.2) Type 2.2 (post-1975 arms, darker blue center, gilt rays); ?????

(A 8/M 47) THE TITLE OF MERIT

Type 1 (pre-1975 arms?); 19??-75

Type 2.1 (numbered); Low = 0008, High = 789; 1975-??

Type 2.2 (unnumbered); ?????

Subject to correction, expansion, revision.

• 3 weeks later...

We need to have another look at these A8's:

Dark enamel in center:

- 0244 hand-engraved top one with square pinback

- 706 rotating tool engraved bottom one with round pin back

Light enamel in center

- no number for top one (round pin-back)

- 508 rotating tool engraved bottom one (round pin-back)

No enamel in center

- hand-engraved number 0114 (some sort of pin-back)

Soon I will be receiving number 0022 which (from pictures seen sofar) is handengraved, with round pinback and as of yet undetermined color enamel.

Perhaps somebody is $%^&* with our mind on this medal just like on the Polar Star! Why does it have to be so complicated! :speechless:

• 3 months later...

The Badge of the Title of "People's" in the two varieties shown by Battushig (B # A 7.1 and A 7.2). These are, presumably, the post-1960 variety, as they use that coat of arms. There must have been a 1941-60 variety with the old arms? Is the silver-rayed variety the 1960-75 variety with the gilt-rayed badge being post-1975? Battushig is confusing on this. Neither is numbered. Are any?

Yes, some are numbered. A silver number 10 coming my way. Will post pic when I get it.

• 2 weeks later...
    • 4 weeks later...