News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Most militaria collectors - particularly if they have an interest in uniform, will have a few Stable Belts from different forces.

However, there are many units and with amalgamations the numbers can quickly mount. This makes it difficult to build-up a complete collection.

Rhodesia was different - they had most of the Corps , Units and Regiments that you would expect with a British based Colony but in smaller numbers that allowed collecting. You also have the interest in the Imperial period up to 1965 and then the U.D.I. period to 1980. Some, of course, did not change - those that had a Crown or, Insignia did.

I recently bought a collection that has most - but not all - of the stable belts in use. For reference I will show them here - and there are a couple I can't identify. They are all for sale - however, I won't put them on the Sale section - too limited in their appeal. Should anyone be interested in any IM me. I always use Col. Dudley Wall's Books on Rhodesia Units for ref. - he was a personal friend, but is now in the UK. He has also done ref. books on Sth. African Badges and British.

FROM TOP : S.A.S. - ARMOURED VEHICLES REGT.. - GREY'S SCOUTS

RHOD. LIGHT INF.. / RHOD. EDUCATION CORPS / RHOD. ARMY SERVICE CORPS

RHOD. CORPS OF SIGNALS / RHOD. STAFF CORPS / RHOD.CHAPLAINS 1940-80

RHOD. ARTILLERY / RHOD. PAY CORPS / RHOD. DEF. REGT. 1973-80

RHOD. MEDICAL CORPS. / RHOD. MILITARY POLICE / RHOD. CORPS OF ENGINEERS

NORTHERN RHODESIA REGT. / RHOD. DEFENCE REGT. (DUPLICATE)

Edited by Mervyn Mitton

The second unidentified belt is Rhodesian Intelligence Corps - no doubt about this one.

Looking further it seems the brown and red belt is Guard Force.

Tim

Edited by Timothy

Excellent Tim - thankyou. Guardforce - with that colour scheme would seem very likely. I'll try to get confirmation.

Don't know why I didn't pick-up on the Intelligence Corps - badge was a bit shiny and I didn't check further. The Intel. Corps badge is one of the rarest for UDI period and is expensive - this makes the belt just as good - so thankyou again !

• 1 month later...

RHOD. LIGHT INF.. / RHOD. EDUCATION CORPS / RHOD. ARMY SERVICE CORPS

RHOD. CORPS OF SIGNALS / RHOD. STAFF CORPS / RHOD.CHAPLAINS 1940-80

RHOD. ARTILLERY / RHOD. PAY CORPS / RHOD. DEF. REGT. 1973-80

RHOD. MEDICAL CORPS. / RHOD. MILITARY POLICE / RHOD. CORPS OF ENGINEERS

NORTHERN RHODESIA REGT. / RHOD. DEFENCE REGT. (DUPLICATE)

Hi Mervyn,

I run the Empire to Commonwealth Project - and I'm after an image of the Chaplain's Corp belt.

I wonder if you could send me a photo of it, please?

If I show ye the page I have already done:http://empiretocommonwealth.webs.com/rhodesianarmysm.htm

However ... I wonder if I could have a set of your images - as your belts show the buckles as well - would that at all be possible? I ALWAYS credit and would be pleased to link to a web page of your choice.

Kind regards,

+ Anthony

Edited by empiretocommonwealth

Dear Fr. Anthony - firstly, welcome to GMIC - you obviously have great knowledge and will be a welcome member. I will have the Chaplain's Stable belt photographed and will post a picture. You can probably take the images you require directly from my posts - if not please give me an email address.

You will know that anything to do with Chaplain's is fairly rare - we do have access from time to time - I will let you know.

With best wishes Mervyn

Father Anthony. I am attaching some additional photos of the Chaplain's stable belt. Please let me know if you are unable to download from the Forum. You mention all of the other stable belts - do you need me to re-photograph them - or, again, can you take them from the post ? I will be happy to have them re-taken - however, this may take a little time as I am unable these days to take my own photos. Please let me know. Mervyn

• 5 months later...
    • 7 months later...

Timothy - as far as I have been told - Intaf did not have a belt. Certainly I haven't been able to find a ref.. Perhaps it was thought to be too military. The other unit that didn't have a stable belt was the BSAP.

Mervyn - I was a member of Internal Affairs on National Service and they did have a stable belt. It wasRed/off White/Red.

PA261755.jpg

Internal Affairs stable belt

A Reference to the Internal Affairs dress codes and photos of the belt can be found on the following link: http://www.freewebs.com/dudleywall/dressregulations.htm

Edited by vulcanxm603