News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Irish L.D.F. - R.D.F. W.W.2 era Items offered for sale recently on Evil Bay.

These items are rare so I will take the liberty of posting them here, they all went for auction in the last week on Evil Bay.

First a military hat, period piece, the first I have ever seen offered on a online auction.

Kevin in Deva. :cheers:

R.D.F. uniform Artillery Collar Dogs / Insignia.

Maid of Erin version with the long name in Irish,

which translates to: "The Group of the Heavy Guns."

Offered as two separate items

one sold for: Euro 51.57

the other: Euro 48.94

Kevin in Deva. :cheers:

Some other insignia being offered by the same seller :-

The latter insignia commemorative trip to Philadelphia* USA by an Irish G.A.A. football team :unsure:

*Thats what the cracked bell puts me in mind of, it sold for Euro 18.00

Kevin in Deva.

Edited by Kev in Deva

There is a lot of interesting items on that particular auction site lately. There is a posthumously awarded 1916 and Black and Tan medal for 15,000 sterling along with an Oglaigh na hEireann and I.V. belt buckle from the same seller for a grand each. There was also a merchant navy Emergency medal which went for 637.00 Euro. There was also a collection of medals and other items relating to the British Army in Ireland during the 1916 Rising and War of Independence and some interesting items relating to ADRIC members.

Some other insignia being offered by the same seller :-

The latter insignia commemorative trip to Philadelphia* USA by an Irish G.A.A. football team :unsure:

*Thats what the cracked bell puts me in mind of, it sold for Euro 18.00

Kevin in Deva.

Hi Kev,

The badge commemorates the campaign led by Daniel O' Connell for Catholic Emancipation and the 100 th anniversary of the passing of the Catholic Relief Act of 1829.

An Ceallach

There is a lot of interesting items on that particular auction site lately. There is a posthumously awarded 1916 and Black and Tan medal for 15,000 sterling

Hi Brendan,

Any information on who the posthumous recipient was ?

An Ceallach

Hi Brendan,

Any information on who the posthumous recipient was ?

An Ceallach

Hi An Ceallach,

I did contact the seller through Ebay, unfortunately I got no reply. I am always a bit puzzled as to why the recipients of Irish medals have to remain anonymous and does the seller really expect someone to bid that much without knowing who the recipient was.

Brendan.