News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Here is my M41 pattern tunic to a medical Unteroffizier. As standard issue, notice the double medic pouches that replace the K98 pouches and the larger canteen. Also notice the lack of the NCO Trade badge on the Left sleeve.

Lying before the tunic are an array of medications and bandges that came inside one of the medical pouches. Also, a nice triple decal Heer helmet

The Next scan consists of three medical major boards. The lack of the Staff of Aesculapius indicate that the intended wearer was not qualified to see patients. (such as medical support officers).

Here is what I have in the way of LW medical insignia.

A set of medical Academy boards. These are very unique as the two emblems are actually merged one one cypher. I have NEVER seen this done before!

Regards

Paul

My veterinarian pieces.

One is for a Vet in the Kriegsmarine.

The other Heer set has been deemed to be something a little more than a basic set of Vet Officer Boards.

Here is the story...

Going through my collection, I noticed something special. I have a Luftwaffe shoulderboard for a General Staff Oberst and a set belonging to a Veterinarian Hauptmann.

According to all known references, these two specialities share the same waffenfarbe. What you will notice as odd about these boards is that the vet boards have an Orange/Red waffenfarbe. I figured that these boards were a period mistake or improvision....

...until I did a little late night reading of my "Uniforms and Traditions of the German Army" Volume 1, by Angolia and learned some exciting news.

On page 360, it is stated that Supplimental Medical and Veterinary Officers were assigned an Orange/Red waffenfarbe IAW HM 36, No 239 dated 01Apr1936

If anyone has a medical version of these, please pm me!