News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

According to news reports, both Conrad Black and Garth Drabinsky may have their Order of Canada revoked as a result of their convictions.

Found this link to a Wikipedia website which contains information of this topic along with a complete list of former recipients that have had their Order of Canada revoked.

Thought this might be of interest to others and useful for reference purposes.

Here is the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Removal_from_the_Order_of_Canada

Jean-Paul

Looks good on them! :jumping:

WARNING: Possible :off topic:

Drabinsky just lost his appeal of the conviction but had his sentence reduced from 7 years to 5, while his crony got down to 4 from 6. The point was made on a news show that 5 years now for a crime committed in 2007 isn't exactly going to have the other white collar crooks running for cover, but I suppose its better than nothing.

I can think of a few others I'd love to see stripped too, but since 'lying b**tard' seems to be part of the job description, as opposed to a criticism, of 21st century politicians it seems unlikely I'll get my wish. :banger: