News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

100 Years of the Russian Navy Submarine Fleet Medal

RedMaestro

This is unfortunately an unofficial (civilian/veteran/souvenir) medal... I could tell you from which civilian/veteran's organization it came from with a good close up of the stamp.

Thanks for the ID. I don't have a better scan at the moment, unfortunately, but I hope to post the group this came from in full sometime.

Despite the unofficial nature of the medal, would it be a reasonable assumption that a recipient of one of these was in some way involved with submarines during his military service? (Sorry if that seems like a silly question!)

Due to the unofficial nature of the award and not knowing which organization it came from... I can't tell you anything positive. Some similar medals are regularly given out for a simple $5 donation to naval veterans' organizations...