News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 56
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the last one I have - the NS Studenten Kampfhilfe, instituted in 1939 for members of the NSDStB who made a "notable contribution" according to Cone. It seems like a junior honor badge, perhaps for early membership, although the NSDStB was only founded in 1933 - too late for the "Kampfzeit".

The back is marked RZM M1/33.

post-811-1137984646.jpg

Edited by Scowen

[attachmentid=24321][attachmentid=24322]

Finally my NS Alterherrnbund

Hello Guys, Here is an image of my Alterherrnbund. M1/63 which differs from your maker. I notice a slight diference in my lettering. I am hoping another owner of M1/63 can/will post for comparison. Have a nice day. Robert

post-730-1138114070.jpg

post-730-1138114174.jpg

• 6 months later...

Notice the diferences between the two makers of this badge. I was confident about getting this badge for two reasons: same maker as Cone's example and the seller is a well known dealer. Hint: Weekly frenzied updates. Now, upon closer inspection, I notice the dot in Cone's example is round and my example is anything but! We shall see. Thoughts? Opinions? Yet another to return at my expense of course? Have a nice weekend. Robert :unsure:

Notice the diferences between the two makers of this badge. I was confident about getting this badge for two reasons: same maker as Cone's example and the seller is a well known dealer. Hint: Weekly frenzied updates. Now, upon closer inspection, I notice the dot in Cone's example is round and my example is anything but! We shall see. Thoughts? Opinions? Yet another to return at my expense of course? Have a nice weekend. Robert :unsure:

The square dot caught my eye right away, as well as the faint RZM logo. Hmmm.

Stephen Thanks for your reply. I was at a particular disadvantage when I purchased it. If I recall correctly, I viewed it for about 10 seconds, I scanned Cone's book for about 10 seconds, I re-scanned the dealer's image for 10 seconds, and hit BUY THIS NOW! Then came the e-mail stating that I was succesful and it was mine! I was so happy and lucky to be able to do all my research in 30 seconds! One can only wonder how long the dealer spent researching. More than 30 seconds.....or less. I am hoping to see another 63 or here what others might add before I march to the Post Office, spend $10, and deal with 1-3 weeks of angst over "lost in the mail" issues. Robert :speechless:

Ah Hah! Great eyes. I had to use my loup to see that it was square nad not round. I guess then that the smaller example would be the miniature or stick-pin version. Now what light does that shed on Stephen and Don's examples? The maker on mine matches Cone. Amended: have just checked Cone and his example is 33 with round dot like Don and Stephen. So then I would deduce from all of this that Mine is correct per Husken and Don and Stephen's are correct per Cone. To be able to see another 63 would help resolve this. I lean toward Don and Stephen since they are a pair and I am solo. More research more research! Thanks for your helpful imput. My pulse rate has declined by 20%. :jumping:

• 5 months later...
    • 6 months later...