News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello gentlemen!

I need help to baptize this brave lieutenant.

He wears the uniform of the 5.Grenadier-Regiment and he owns the Galipolli-star.

Is there a chance to find out his name?

Thanks a lot in advance

Gren.Rgt. 5 (Leutnant, Eiserner Halbmond).JPG

Edited by The Prussian

• 5 years later...

I got him!!!!!!!

It´s Lt. Robert Evert.

In the ranklist of 1913 I found, that Lt. Evert was a knight of the saxon Albrecht-ordre, that we find next to the EK AND 1914 he used to be in the seminar for oriental languages! That fits to the Gallipoli star.

Unfortunately he died as an Oberleutnant 1915 in Russia.

http://des.genealogy.net/search/show/2266245

http://des.genealogy.net/search/show/3226040

Edited by The Prussian

Hej. Is his Gallipoli star placed according to regulation? It seem to me hanging way too low, almost on his belly. I think if he had to ride a horse, the belt would push on the star, so it doesn't look practical either. 

Edited by Egorka

Hello!

I don´t know, if he was mounted. Another thing, that disturbs me is the jacket. He wears the Bluse M15 (introduced october 1915, but he died in September...)

The casualty lists mentioned him twice, but with different places of birth!!!

Andy,

I'm not sure his attachment to the Seminar for oriental languages is of any significance. He attended the seminar prior to a planned transfer to the Schutztruppen für Kamerun. It would appear that this never happened as both his transfer and posting back to Grenadier-Regiment Nr. 5 are published in the Militär-Wochenblatt by 3rd August 1914.

Regards

Glenn