News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Regiment ID help

gibbo

hello everyone. I have a group of 4 medals to Sepoy A singh, his regt/corps is D.S.O. or possibly O.S.O. ????.....i`ve had a look at the official Indian Army website and i cant find any clues there..any ideas please???

I`ve a few groups i`d like to post photos of but i`m afraid my camara is suffering from sand ingress after an overseas deployment. I`ll try to borrow a friends and see what i can do. I think the unit may be the "Defence Security Corps".

I was wondering about "tailors copies", how can one tell if a medal or group is the genuine article? I have noticed considerable differences in the quality of medals. I know some were contracted out and made locally and there can be some variation in ribbon colour...any comments would be appreciated, many thanks...

Tailor copies are easy to spot, usually medals are made from individual suppiers so difference is common however if you check the regimental numbers and deployment details then may be you can validate if the group is authentic or not.

there is a possibility of Defence Sports Organisation as well which maintians ASPT (Army School of Physical Training), they have 2 big estabilshments in pune