News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

MEDAILLE DE LA RESISTANCE, Opinions please.

Dolfek

Hello,

Could anyone tell me if this medal is period made, or is it a late replacement for veterans? Looks to be in mint condition, and made yesterday. Just the ribbon made me think it could be a period, never awarded medal.

Thanks very much in advance.

Best regards,

Dolfek.

Edited by Dolfek

Hi Dolfek,

From what I can see, I would agree that it's a period example. Here's some points that make me feel this:

- The ribbon pin attachment appears to be steel; most current pieces, or replacement pins are made in brass.

- The ribbon looks period and not of newer material.

- If you notice the suspension, it appears to be somewhat corroded (verdigris) at the notch (front PIC).

- As Frank stated, the overall finish/patina does not appear to resemble those currently restruck, which have a much brighter, more golden finish.

Luckily, many of these medals can still be found in excellent condition and often with original boxes of issue. So, pehaps one of many recently discovered somewhere, or just one that was well stored over the years. My opinion anyway.

Regards,

Tim

Thanks very much for your quick replay. I really appreciate your time and help.

I thought it could be a restrike due the two tone finish, like what happends with US medals. Thanks for your opinions.

Best regards,

Dolfek.