News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Thank you gentlemen. Stogieman, this is a Waldeck (1850 issue) Feldzugsmedaille dated 1814 / 1815 - OEK #2880/1. The confusion may come from the 1815 date which in the picture could be construed to be 1816. Hopefully the close-up below will clarify it.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

My only piece from Waldeck:

Silver merit-medal with swords in original case, with an iron cross 2.class 1914 inside (wrong side is shown)...

(Early version...from 1901 till 1908)

Greetings Solomon

Edited by Solomon

Greetings Solomon! Welcome to the Forum! Outstanding Waldeck medal and case. very hard to find and some real wear/character. Very nice indeed!

Thank you!

Normally i?m collecting everything from the prinicpal Lippe-Detmold (because i?m living near Detmold) and Imperial orders and medals...

Sorry for my english, but i?ve to train it again, because i haven?t used it a long time :rolleyes:

Greetings

Solomon

• 2 months later...

Fellow Gentlemen,

just found this fine thread about the decorations of Waldeck-Pyrmont.

I would like to add some pieces of my collection as well; perhaps it will be of interest of some of you :D

Let`s start with the Silver Merit Medals with Swords.

The left is a silvered piece, while the right is a silver one.

And final something for Homeland service in WW 1.

The "Friedrich-Bathildis-Medal" on "B?gel"-suspension (don`t know the english word).

It was bestowed from 1915-1918.

The medal is quite a big one with a diameter of 38 mm.

Numbers awarded: 375

Thank you Rick

Unfortunately I`ve got no documents.

It is a bad situation for the Waldeck-Collector - all war decorations during WW-I came WITHOUT award documents. They only got an entry in the Military Papers and that`s it.

So nothing to collect for that period. And all documents before 1914 are very rare AND expensive.

Greetings

eitze

Edited by eitze

@stogieman

Bought the whole stuff within the last two years :D

Hope to get the "Ehrenkreuz mit Schwertern" asap this week, to complete the group which I posted in the other thread :jumping:

Now it`ll be time to look for the higher classes of the Merit-Cross.

Greetings

eitze

• 5 months later...

Back to life :D

Got a new two-piece bar from Waldeck, which consists of these:

- Silver Merit Medal with X

- Centennial Medal 19. August 1813-1913 for the III. Bataillon of the Infantry Regiment "von Wittich" (3. Kurhessisches) No. 83.

This was the Waldeck Home Bataillon/Regiment, which was formed 1862 from the old Waldeck "F?silierbataillon", when they signed the treaty with the Kingdom of Prussia. So Waldeck soldiers became Prussian soldiers.

Frontside bar

Edited by eitze