News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

my very rare agfacolor color slide of a german kettenkrad

i was very lucky to find this very rare original german ww2 color slide of a klein kettenkrad on the russian front.

this came in the post last week with some other super new original german color slides from world war two.

here is the scan.

hope you guys enjoy it.

best wishes.

Ian

www.pixpast.com

The attachment worked fine. Thanks for posting the colour slide, it is always good to see images not seen before, especially colour ones - are there any images that identify a particular unit or are they all random?

• 4 weeks later...

thanks guys.

I was able to get a old wooden box full with 150 original german ww2 color slides from a old man that didnt want them any more.

they were going to go in the bin and then the same week, he found out i collected these old color slides.

so thank god, it all worked out and i found this incredible and rare collection.

I was able to do a little bit of research from some unit symbols found.

I posted up all the findings here http://www.pixpast.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1093 if your interested.

I still have to make some sort of historical connection between the 711 heavy artilery division and the 62 infantry division, seen together in these color photos ??

best wishes.

Ian

s.Art.Abt 711 (as opposed to Division which I don't think existed) and 62 Infanterie Division were both components of 6 Armee (Heeresgruppe Süd) in 1941 & 1942 so it is very possible/probable that the artillery unit was assigned to support 62 ID at some point.