News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

TR Bar with two Romanian medals with pics

Thank you. Do you think this is a German bar or a Romanian one? 50/50 chance???

In my opinion, its a German bar, as I have never encountered Romanian bars with the ribbons drapped flat like that,

but, its a very common style amongst German bars (particularly from WW1 and immediate pre WW2.)

I cannot recall seeing any Romanians in pictures wearing bars like that in WW2 either.

Kevin in Deva.

Hmmmm.......

The medals worn in the picture shown have been taken straight from the box and pinned to the tunic / jacket

they are not being worn in the manner of the ribbons on the small medal bar posted above.

The wearing of the mini ribbons directly above the medals is also a typical Romanian style.

Thats Ion Victor Antonescu with his back to the camera by the way.

The guy in civies sports the Serviciu Credincious without swords.

The soldier sports both military versions of the Serviciu Credincious Medal & Cross with swords.

He also has the 1941 Eastern Front Medal ribbon worn through the button-hole.

Kevin in Deva. :cheers:

• 7 months later...