News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Picked up today

Went round another of her Auntie's places today to put up some shelves. Did the shelving, was bought some fish, chips, mushy peas and a massive pickled onion for lunch and was given a couple of pictures. Don't know too much about them but will dig into her memory banks later on.

Edited by Spasm

Was then talking about militaria (as you do) and was told that a music shop round the corner used to have some old army stuff for sale. So, off I went and found said shop that sold guitars etc but looking further in found a whole pile of fantastic gear in display cabinets up for sale. I asked if he had any Somerset Light Infantry badges (to go with the guys in this picture) and he threw a whole pile of them on the counter.

And I love this little ribbon with the tiny cross - it's not from a pin, it has prongs bent over on the reverse (you can see one poking out on the left). All very worn I know but just great.

Edited by Spasm

Any ideas on the first picture - Regt. etc ? I've just found another photo (civilian) and a name for the handsome bloke with the impressive tash in the second picture and will post more on him as I find it

Spaz

Edited by Spasm