News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Brassert, Karl

Oberstleutnant Karl Brassert

Born: 1899

Died: 12th Jun 1982

Highest rank reached: Oberst

Kommandeur II/Schützen Regiment 10

Lehrer an der Schule für Kampftruppenkommandeure 2 Pz. Division

Kommandeur Pz.Grenadier Rgt 2

Kampfkommandant von Marienburg

Ritterkreuz - 10th Feb 1945

DKiG - 16th Feb 1942

Image: Close Combat Clasp citation

Edited by hucks216

• 2 years later...

Fred,

I could not help but notice that the doc was challenged by Br James on WAF with reference to the spelling mistake on the stamp portion. Could you reveal your source of the document, if not, did you obtain it privately or at a reputed site for example?

Cheers

Jock :)

• 1 month later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Fred,

Do you have or have you seen examples that are from 'run of the mill' units not unusual stuff like your doc? Have you seen any docs in groups with WP or SB for example?

Kevin,

Have you seen much of this and what are your views on it?

I would be more trusting if it were a less exotic unit and the signature were more similar to yours on the database, I know signatures change all the time and you never get two the same from me but.....?

Also for an 'Ad hok'/late unit to have a rubber stamp produced and delivered this close to the end rather than a FP Nr type stamp? Or am I overthinking this? It is also a lone doc or are there others out there?

I know they got things wrong too though......... even spelling, I know how they feel!

Cheers

Jock :)

Edited by Jock Auld

Sturmabzeichen award doc was from the group, but the seller was selling papers separately and I have not had time to buy the other :(

Sorry for the link to Weitze store, but I've seen similar docs out there

Edited by Fred Perry

While I can't say I am happy with the Marienburg related citation I would need to see more of the grouping to rule it completely out. The thing is I also have problems with the other Sturmabzeichen citation from 81 ID, or rather nagging doubts. The ink and style used for the signature on the 81 ID strikes me as being very similar to a lot of very good faked citations coming out of Eastern Europe and what are the chances that one seller just happens to have two citations with a 'Stempel' misspelling even though the units didn't fight in the same area, one in East Prussia and one in Courland but without seeing the other examples from the group it is impossible to be certain.

And Weitze isn't above selling faked or embellished items. Just look at the Heer DKiG/TDB soldbuch he currently has listed.