News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Nice Robin, great teller that has it all. Nice pick up!

Thanks Erich..

Not sure about the age of the plate ................. could be 1920s or 1960s !

But it's nicely carved and I like it a lot.

Reminds me of my stay in Quedlinburg many years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

This part of the 3rd Reich religious motions have been touched, but never been examined, nor have they been put into a historical perspective.

Thus the roots have been into a long time running history, overrunning the ending of the war, and by now it seems that it has ended into souvenirs. But this has it’s origins in a more regional and long time lived Germanic history which appears to have found a new foundation in the SS, as this organistion has picked-up many more Germanic and Nordic symbols, without much regards to the true historic backgrounds. In fact it was quite eclastic and indiscriminative in the origins; it was merely focused on the foundation of a new cult without actual and historical roots. It was a violation and adaption of history.

Still, the crafsmen of the 3rd Reich have given it their best to bring out the past dogmas of farmership in wooden plates, thieved from older plates to turn into “modern” dogmas, and to make Party peacocks feel incorporated into a tradition, while in fact they had nothing to do with farmers’ life, nor with raising grains. It was all part of an NS folly to present a farce and a home truth which never existed. Bodies of steel, on feet of clay. But still a noticeable commemorative in wood to exist and a highly regared commemorative of times past. An artifact for the future.

With a nick to the craftsmen of the 3rd Reich, I must admit that they stand on the shoulders of pre 3rd Reich craftsmen for whom I lift my hat deep. Craftsmanship does not exeed originality, it only makes it more imminent. That is why so many of these plates are look-alikes, but for some detail. And that is also why it is so difficult to distinguish a 3rd Reich item from others, but for the (not always placed) stamp of the Werkschar or others. In days past, such icons (for future collectors) were not needed, because the Reich would last a thousend years, and many of the producents were still emplying for the general seal of "M" approval, or, because it was home craft, did not bother, becase they carried on their long last hoecraft .

• 2 weeks later...