News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Going to Phnom Penh and Hanoi

Archer

I am spending a coupla weeks in December in the Republics of Cambodia and Vietnam on the usual tourist trail, but if I can slip off the leash does any kind member know where I can buy medals in Phnom Penh or Siem Reap and HCM (Saigon) City and Hanoi?

Your advice would be most welcome.

Please steer me away from all forgers, fakers and rip-off artists.

Thanks in advance

:cheers:

William

There is an old Market in Siem Riep where I found a few odds and ends, beware of fake silver coins !! and any other silver medals (many are fake).

(If you are doing 2-3 days Ankor Watt, get yourself the week pass and a Tuk Tuk driver to pick you up really early and get there really early... some of the temples away from the regular tourist route are great, and sometimes you have them to yourself).

Phnom Peng also had a couple of tourist markets with meager pickings.

Somewhere at the foot of Wat Phnom there is a cultural center with crafts, there was a medal shop military tailor there... I think it was on the back side of the hill

(This was 5 years ago)

Best

Chris

p.s. if anyone tries to take you to the famous hill to watch sunset in Ankor... avaoid it... tourist monkey crap.

but get up really really early and hit the temples before the tour groups do... especialy the maintemples... you can get a tuk tuk driver that will take you around all day and it does not cost much....