News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A question about Viet Cong victory flags

volkssturm

Hello everyone; I´ve been sneaking a bit into ebay just for curiosity and saw something that caught my attention; VC victory flags and armbands, I didn`t knew they exist, some of them says ¨victory at (somewhere)¨ and a year, others simply says ¨resolved to win¨. what where they used for? are there fakes or something? I looked for information on th internet but all I saw where links to those items no information at all.

Have a good and productive day everyone

cheers :D

welll.....I am in a rush but a fast and quick answer is ...BE VERY CAREFUL of anything on eBay. 99% of the VC stuff there was made last week in Ho Chi Minh city for tourists. Vietnam is dirt poor and they will make anything they can to sell for a US dollar. Indeed, some of these flags were made during the war! to sell to GIs...as were all sorts of odd patches and stuff.

But real flags existed and were awarded as agitprop to individuals and units for bravery and merit. GIs used to find them in bunkers, on KIA VC and NVA and while they are uncommon, they are not rare. Most show some wear -given the humidity of Vietnam and they weren't exactly placed in dust free containers at the time. A guy I knew had a couple he pulled out of a tunnel in 1969 and they looked like worn dishrags, but given that he was a tunnel rat, they were hard won.

Well the ones I saw are not in good shape but the risk still high; your answer maked clear why they are so cheap and why there is almost no information about them. Thanks a lot man :D it realy surprised me when I saw thm because I didn`t had idea that they exists