News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

New Publication on Russian Federation ODMs

dbookmahngc

DBM Press, LC has just published "Orders, Decorations, and Medals of the Russian Federation since 1991". It includes six 17" x 23" quality color posters showing all official Russian Federation Medals and is limited to just 780 numbered copies. There are separate color posters for the Ministry of Defense, the Ministry of Internal Affairs, and the Russian Intelligence and Security Services awards. An excellent source of information on Russian Federation awards at a very reasonable price. You can find it at: www.RussianFederationMedals.com They ship worldwide.

Posted · Hidden by TacHel, December 27, 2011 - Misunderstanding got stupid - my fault
    Hidden by TacHel, December 27, 2011 - Misunderstanding got stupid - my fault

Actually, its not a bad reference since there is very little right now and the picture quality is pretty good. It puts everything in one place for collectors and even has color pictures of all the new style Russian Federation Orders. The quality of the pictures is pretty good since the posters are a good size (the pictures of the medals are almost full-size). Finally, the price is pretty reasonable in the $30 range for a limited/numbered edition considering many of the books coming out are $120 or more.

Posted · Hidden by TacHel, December 27, 2011 - Misunderstanding got stupid - my fault

Frank,

Sorry to hear about this sad state of affairs. I guess some people will do anything for the mighty dollar. I'm sure the word will get around and the truth will be known.

Jean-Paul

I 'm sorry to hear as well. However, I believe you did admit that there is no copyright on the pictures and these were not your personal pictures that you took of the medals. That being the case, they are indeed in the public domain (as is just about everything on wikipedia) and anyone can use them for any purpose. Indeed using them to create a series of posters for collectors is a fair and legitimate use of them. Now, you may be bummed out that he thought of it before you did but that isn't a reason to accuse him of things. I'd suggest you use your material to write the book on Russian Federation ODM and perhaps you can get DBM Press to publish it for you.

I think you might have misunderstood what this is. As I stated in my first post - this is just a series of six color posters. There is no text (other than titles of the medals) and they just show the front of the Russian ODM, which is why I suggested you write the book. Might want to buy a copy and check it out before you get too critical of it. As far as I'm concerned its a nice basic identification guide on official Russian Federation Medals since nothing similar exits in printed form.